experienced CT surg PA only on the floor...

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to obtain skills in the OR or a job that would be willing to train an experienced CT Surgery PA in the OR, on the job. I have been a PA for 7 years and in CT surg for 5 years. Our service has established OR PAs. I work on the floor and cannot work in the OR. I never thought that I would be restricted to one area of the service. I don't work in the ICU either. When I apply elsewhere, I have not had success. I feel that I am not an attractive candidate because of my years as a surgery PA but in a non-surgical capacity.... Also, I cannot get out of working full time nights on this service either. How can I get out of this path? Any ideas, please? I could quit, but then what do I do?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, for the right job, I am. I live in CT.

What Hospital do you work at? I'm from CT and I'm thinking of practicing there when I graduate... Your position is somewhat concerning to me, as I'm interested in CT surgery, and would love to work at one of the big three hospitals (Hartford, St. Fran, or Yale) but as a new grad I'm thinking I should probably look into residencies. Where did you start off as a new grad?

Contact barb Heil, pa, at Maine medieval center (207) 871-2168, (207) 871-0111. She is, Hands down, the best CT surgery and CSRU/ICU PA I know.

She is associate with Maine Cardiothoracic surgery, and they perform over 900 heart/lung operations/year.

There are two competing groups, hers is the larger. Most of her PAs come from surgical programs or residencies, but maybe she has a spot for you.

If you she could give you the contact info to the other group ( I forget its name)

Good luck

What Hospital do you work at? I'm from CT and I'm thinking of practicing there when I graduate... Your position is somewhat concerning to me, as I'm interested in CT surgery, and would love to work at one of the big three hospitals (Hartford, St. Fran, or Yale) but as a new grad I'm thinking I should probably look into residencies. Where did you start off as a new grad?

You will be fine. They are all seeking new grads.

You will be fine. They are all seeking new grads.

Archived