First time applying this upcoming cycle

How early is applying early like everyone says? I understand CASPA opens April 17th for the new cycle, but right now my semester is pretty full. I am taking 18 credit hours, working 24 hours over the weekend and I train a client and workout myself during the week. Therefore my time is limited. I was planning on starting my application here and there. Obviously start asking the individuals I hope to get LOR's from and I am taking the GRE this Friday. But in all reality I am hoping to finish my application in June to really make sure I have time to write a good personal statement and if I need to retake the GRE. Is that considered early enough? Any suggestions when applying? I have heard CASPA and the supplemental applications are more time consuming then one may think, so I just want to give myself enough time, but I want to be able to take time on my application as well to make it as strong as possible. Suggestions? Thanks!

June is not late. In fact, I think even though the application opens in April, the first mailing does not occur until June sometime. August may be late depending upon the program and the number of applications they typically receive. It also depends upon your stats. If you are a stellar applicant, applying in August doesn't hurt you as much as being an average/below-average applicant who would have benefited much more from applying early. The GRE scores get sent directly to your schools, so I wouldn't wait to submit your CASPA for GREs. If you really need the grade for your summer course on your application (i.e. you have a low GPA, or it is a prerequisite AND the schools need to see it completed/not in progress on CASPA), then obviously you'd have to wait. Otherwise, I'd apply early.

Archived