Pre-requisites in Online Classes ? please each post is a great help

It depends on the program and what their requirements are for admissions. There are many programs that require a lab portion to the sciences, so I don't see how you could do the lab online. I've seen Pathophysiology offered online, which is usually a pre-req. Again, check with the program you wish to attend to find out what you can/cannot do.

Usually it's school dependent. Some schools are cool with it others aren't. Some programs have a list of equivalent classes you can take at other colleges as well (like Western University and USC). General rule of thumb is if the class requires a lab you cannot take it online. However, some schools accepted classes with virtual or online labs like that at University of New England. That being said it is best to contact the programs you're interested in and ask. I took my non lab classes online (ie stats, psych, genetics, etc) and my classes that required a lab (ie biochem, chem 1&2, A&P, etc) in a physical classroom.

The schools I applied to didn't seem to care; just so the grades were good and it was the appropriate number of credits. From a practical standpoint, applicants often come from all across the country these days so it is difficult for committees to assess relative performance between where you did your prereqs. My transcripts didn't flag on-line vs in-house classes. (The tests were always in person.)

Anything without a lab is likely fair game, but you should check with you intended schools to be sure.

Archived