Salary changes since the economic downturn.

Hi fellow PAs.

Can anyone share the amount of percent of salary change they have had in the last 5 years?

Very curious in general because this is our profession.

Also a little curious for personal reasons - after about 4 years I am relocating back to an area I left for a position paying less than 10k more than what I made in the area when I left (similar job and employer).

Over the past years I have been in a very different area, with much higher cost of living, and have had much higher pay.

Am I selling myself short (with such a small pay increase in 4 years), or is this typical in today's PA market?

BTW - 10+ years in my field as a PA.

Thanks so much for any comments/insight.

at my current job we have not gotten any type of raise or decrease in salary. we have fewer hours available however as many of our shifts have gone from 12 hrs to 8-9 hrs. we still have the same # of full time folks but the docs are making us do more for less money overall due to fewer available hrs/mo.

I am one of 2 folks in a group of 18 who have not seen my hrs cut because I work 100% nights. can't send me home early because there is no other clinician there. everyone else in my group is working 20-30 hrs less per month than they did 5 yrs ago and so making around 2k less/month as well.

While implementing the Obama's regulations almost all insurance companies are cutting reimbursements....expect pay cuts!

While the ACA is having some effect, much of this was occuring (bundled capitation) PRIOR to the ACA being enacted. IE; see Prometheus.

Add to that the narrow network plans that are becoming more popular (again, NOT related to ACA) and you will see reimbursement cuts.

The ACA is impacting Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements slightly, and would expand the exchanges which will also lower reimbursements.

So, just to point out, that while the ACA is having some effect, it is NOT the primary driver here, it is really a capitated approach to care that started years before Obama was even elected Senator.

Archived