To Re-Apply or Not To Re-Apply?

...This upcoming cycle.

I get that this question gets asked daily, but please humor me.

I applied a couple of cycles ago, didn't get in, did a masters degree, and still seriously contemplating re-applying. Here's what I'm working with:

finished undergrad with 3.1 gpa cumulative , 171 hours, science gpa of 2.85. So i knew going in, gpa was not the greatest, and to add to that, health care experience was minimal, but had years of research and volunteer (not hands on) experience.

Grad school gpa : 3.25

Now I am at the point of wanting to go back and apply this october, but also want to be realistic. I will have potentially 7-900 relevant health care experience by september and about 1100 by january, and plan to retake 3 classes, and add 2 more required by some schools but not all to increase my chances, and apply to at least 1/3 of the schools or more if I can afford it. But I am wondering how realistic is it to work towards this for almost another year, especially with a gpa that I can only hope to raise to a 3.0 max (science gpa) if i ace these 5 classes. How many classes would it take to get to a decent enough science gpa at this point? Is it more realistic to take at least 10 classes postbacc, and wait at least another cycle?

Would love some input here.

I think given your undergrad and grad GPAs, regardless of whether or not you bring up your science GPA to a 3.0, your best chance of acceptance into any program will be if you have a ton of experience. Often times people with high GPA and low experience are able to get into programs, and likewise people with marginal GPAs and lots of experience are also sometimes successful. Given that you didn't really improve your GPA much from undergrad to grad, and that as you stated you can only hope to raise your science GPA to a 3.0 max, you really need to have 2,000 hours minimum, if not much more to be a competitive candidate at many programs. You should look for programs that emphasize experience over GPA.

Archived