negotiation help needed

Wow, I could really use some advice from you all. I have been a family practice PA for the last 14 years in the suburbs of Chicago- same position last 12 years. With incentives, have done very well the last 3 years, averaging about $120 K. Very happy with current job, but wanting to relocate. 2 companies in the Carolinas flew me out for a total of 5 interviews a few weeks ago ( company #1 with 1 opening, company #2 with 4 openings)- company #1's offer is still pending, company #2 made me an identical offer for all 4 positions. Starting salary: 100 K, 5K signing bonus, and incentive based on % of office revenue less my overhead, a formula that they believe will get me to 110K. Unfortunately, they wouldn't provide with any more specifics than this regarding the incentive. (I had established 110 as my floor early in the talks). I was encouraged to counteroffer by admin, but upon my counteroffer of salary of 108 (the company's stated ceiling for the position), I was rebuffed and told no negotiations are possible due to "system inequities" (I'd make too much relative to other PAs). Asked for increased signing bonus, no avail. Asked for contracted raises (apparently 2% is given each year, but not in the contract), no go. Asked again for more details on incentives, again none were given.

So outside of waiting for company #1's offer, what would you do? Am I being unreasonable/expecting too much $? The unwillingness to negotiate in particular and the limited response to my questions to my concerns is starting to bother me at this point, but I'm not sure if it should or if I'm being unreasonable. Especially considering that all 4 offices are campaigning for me to join theirs over the others. If I'm in such high demand with my experience, shouldn't negotiation be a given? What do you all think? This is a big move for my family and I am starting to get concerned I'm going to blow this. Would appreciate your thoughts!

Archived