New Pre-PA

Hello, I am new to this thread. I need all the info I can get.

I want to apply to PA school this summer, when does the app season start?

I know I have to take the GRE, what book is the best and how many hours do I need to study.

I have graduated from FAU in Summer 2012.

I have a BA in Biological Sciences. I have a 3.7 overall GPA and a 3.6 sciGPA. All A's and B's.

----- I have to go back to school to take Gen Micro, A and P 1 and 2, Interpersonal Communications, I may also take some other classes to prep

for PA school.

I abt 200 volunteer hours health care and non healthcare

---- I volunteer at Cardid Health Clinic, ROyal Manor Nursing Home and I am a mentor for Palm Beach County.

I was a pre-med so I have shadowed MDs, DOs, and I did shadow an orthopedic PA for 8 hours.

I am starting a CNA course on Monday and should start work as a CNA in March. My mom a RN at a agency so she has the job waiting for me.

Besides the GRE and Health care experience what am I missing?

I am going for the best GRE score but what is the average score. I am African American Female and FL resident.

You need to research the PA profession and find out if being a PA is what you want to do.

PA is not a "fall back plan" for not getting into med school.

You need to shadow more PA's and ask yourself if you have the personality to work under a Doctor's supervision.

BTW the CASPA cycle will open back up in April so you can start applying then, but you should take your GRE soon and enroll in the last pre-req classes that you need.

Archived