Advice

Hi, I'm a senior right now at Rutgers Camden.I had applied to PA programs around the tri-state last summer but unfortunately got rejected from UMDNJ and some others. I realized I did not prepare myself enough to be a strong applicant. I would appreciate it if anyone can give me some advice, experience or insights that could help me become a stronger applicant. My GPA approaching graduation is 3.4-3.5 and my science GPA 3.2-3.4. (I had a C+ in General Bio 2, a C+ in Physics, and a C+ in genetics, however I have all A's & B's in other science classes, especially A's in biochemistry) I still have to take A&P, microbiology and maybe a psych class for certain programs (I'm striving to get all A's in those classes). I shadowed a PA in the emergency department (~ 60hrs). I also shadowed MD (~100). I did a summer program prep for undergrad students who were interested in pursuing any medical professions with UMDNJ Som and did researched under a PH.D there. I was also a research assistant under one of my professors from Rutgers, however i don't think that weighs much considering that PA programs don't emphasize on research experience. I am getting my CNA certification and will work as much hours as I can to have paid patient contact hrs, at the same time I will continue to shadow another PA around here in a different medical setting. Looking at my stats and experience and my plans for the next year, do you think I am going to be considered by the committee? What else can I do to improve?

Archived