Licensure possible with revoked certification in history?

I have read many posts concerning admittance/licensure with DUI/DWI's on one's record, but my situation is very different. I have a revoked certificate in another profession, and know that the PA licensing application asks about this directly. I do not have a criminal background of any sort, so a BC would be clear. However, I do have a record with the state DCFS because of an incident that occured 6 years ago, and that cost me my professional certification. Therefore, I could not with good conscience answer "no" to the question concerning disciplinary action on a professional certification. I have contacted the school I would attend for my prerequisites, one of the grad schools I would like to attend, and the NCCPA; all have said that as long as my criminal background check is clear, I could be accepted and sit for the National test. When I contacted the State Licensing Board, no one could give me an answer. I have to submit a request to their advisory panel to get an opinion on my situation, which of course, would be non-binding.

Throughout the past 6 years I have followed remedial protocol and have obtained a professional evaluation which is very positive. The evaluator, also licensed in the medical field, has been very encouraging to me to pursue my goals.

Considering I am making a complete career change at an "older" age, I would appreciate any and all advice I could get before embarking on my journey. It would obviously be pointless, as well as heart-breaking, to get through every gate just to be denied licensure to practice.

I don't know the answer, but I would guess that if an opinion has to be rendered by an advisory board,

it would mean that the prior act has to be judged by the nature of the offense or the circumstances that led up to

the decertification. I guess the prior profession might matter. Losing license to be a home inspector or architect

shouldn't matter. Also, the length of time between that decertification & today might be relevant.

I know lawyers can be admitted to practice law that are ex felons but may be denied admittance if

the offense involved an act of dishonesty or fraud. Good luck.

Archived