Information Session Dress Code

Hi, everyone.

Kind of a random question. Information session season has started for me, and I am planning on attending an open house or information session for all my local schools within the next couple of months as a way to get a first feel for the program and hopefully meet some current faculty, students, etc.

I am coming from the fire service, where it matters how you dress and present yourself at something like an evening information session or an all day open house (like, I would wear a full suit / interview attire), and I was wondering if anybody had any advice or experience with these things. Obviously, either way, I would plan on looking neat and business casual/professional, but I was wondering about the suit idea or business casual, or what is expected / praised as far as dress code.

Also, does anybody have any questions that they wished that they had asked at a session like this? I have a list of questions that I would like to get answered, but was wondering if anybody had others that they only thought of later in the process.

Thanks, everyone!!

Archived