Requiring HCE for Certification

Do any of you think that the NCCPA will require PAs to have legitimate HCE before being granted certification in the future? I'm sure this idea is far fetched, but it is something that I have been wondering about for a while. Coming from a college sophomore with a GPA > 3.9, I'm not happy about how easy it is for young college graduates with strong academics and no HCE to get into PA school and practice medicine with such little experience. In a way, I feel it is a disservice to future patients and the healthcare system as whole.

more likely a time will come when ALL new pa's will have to do a postgraduate yr of clinical training and pass a specialty exam. that was the trajectory the docs followed in the last century.

I think this would be a great thing for the profession. Hopefully this time comes.

it will be sooner than most folks think....the caq's are taking off and being pushed by certain specialty docs. some residencies now specifically require grads to pass them. next step is required residency to be eligible. some jobs are already saying prefer residency and/or caq and it's only been around for 1 yr.

"I'm not happy about how easy it is for young college graduates with strong academics and no HCE to get into PA school and practice medicine with such little experience. In a way, I feel it is a disservice to future patients and the healthcare system as whole."

You sound like a troll with no understanding of the PA profession.

more likely a time will come when ALL new pa's will have to do a postgraduate yr of clinical training and pass a specialty exam. that was the trajectory the docs followed in the last century.

So 7 years of schooling to be an "assistant"? lol, sounds like medschool

Archived