Yo. Right now i'm a junior at a small christian school in Illinois, Olivet Nazarene University, which has a pretty well known bio program. I've got a 3.5 GPA and it is steadily rising as I have been getting all A's this semester and from here on out after I had a recent change of motivation, which should put me at a 3.75ish by the time i graduate. I will be getting a B.A. in Biology and double minoring in chemistry and sociology. I've taken all the prerequisites, medical terminology, biochemistry, cadaver lab, and will take developmental and nutrition. I will be going on a medical missions trip to Papau New Guinea for 3-4 weeks in May, so I'm hoping that will give me a really good edge on the competition. I should be able to graduate by December 2013, spend the spring of 2014 getting certified for EMT or paramedic, and then spend a year and a half working as an EMT or a paramedic before going to school. I will be shadowing during school. Assuming i do well on the GRE, what are my chances for getting in if everything goes peachy?

Also....... Affirmative action. I'm a white male. Someone please shed some light on me and tell me I'm wrong in thinking that being a white male will set me back in the competition.

'Preciate any thoughts, comments, criticisms (keep it constructive please), and anything else you deem necessary to tell me about.

• 1 month later...

Go get your RN (14 months with bachelors at MSU) big $$ and tons of jobs. Work for a couple years as an RN, pay off debt then go to NP school. Dont bother with EMS, low pay, ruins your back but very rewarding and exciting if thats what you want. With your scores and GPA challenge the MCAT and become a doctor. White male at WMU program; good luck! Call admissions and find out how many females to males were admitted to each class for the last five years. Ask them how many males to females were dismissed in the past five years. Ask them the ratio of males to females graduated over the past five years. Stab in the dark...females prevailed in all areas. Wait, dont call admissions they will probably give you "Fluff". Have friend FOIA the information for you. Reason you will need a friend: because if they find out you did it you will NEVER get in; retribution thing. There are a lot of PA schools in Michigan.

Archived