Is it possible to go straight to a PA program after bachelors?

I am jumping the gun a little, but I am wondering about the possibility of being accepted for a PA program right after getting my bachelors. I'm in a CC now working on getting an associates in science, will transfer to a university to get a bachelors in biology (I'm thinking) then, in a perfect world, would get accepted into the PA program at the university I'll get my bachelors from. I'll get my CNA in Feb and start working on patient care hours now so I have plenty by the time I apply for the program. I'm hoping and working hard to keep my GPA up (4.0 right now).

So, am I delusional in thinking that I could apply and be accepted to start a program right after getting my bachelors?

-Melissa

No! I am 22 and am about to graduate in the next 2 weeks with my bachelors. I've been accepted into one school so far and still have more interviews to go to! While the programs want applicants to have experience they also want the class to be diversified and accept driven students fresh out of their undergrad that have shown a true commitment to the profession. Stay motivated and keep up the good work because one day in the future all that hard work will pay off! (Might I mention getting accepted into PA school is a wonderful feeling:) ) if you have any questions feel free to message me! Good luck with your journey.

Hey!

You can definitely get in out of undergrad! My advice is to apply to many schools and apply early (in June!). Each school is different and some schools value experience more than others. From my experience it seems like the top ranked schools interview those with a lot of hands on experience over high gpas. The first school I interviewed at this year had many individuals who were still in school interviewing which I found a little surprising. Good luck! It is definitely possible!!

It is definitely possible! I graduated from undergrad in the beginning of May, and started PA school at the end of May. I know a lot of people who enjoyed having a year off to work and save up some money, but for me it was much easier starting PA school already being in the "academic" mind set!

Archived