PAs in Vermont?

used to be bad

then about 2 years ago they revamped the PA laws

now it is one of the best

ER med in southern Vt - is a PA owned group that has been around a long time that is great - they advertise in the journals

Burlington has a lot as they are a college twon, but i get the sense salaries are a touch lower but I really don't know

SWVMC in Bennington gave up advertising as they could not get anyone, but they would love more PA's

What sort of work are you thinking of doing? I noticed while job-hunting a year ago that there were a good amount of jobs in primary care or ER there. I wasn't really looking for any other specialty so I can't speak on that. I did my ER training in Claremont, NH just over the line from VT and it was awesome. Super PA friendly, easy-going rural atmosphere. I believe it's Windsor, VT that has a great ER PA staff too -- EMEDPA has mentioned it once or twice.

The group in Windsor I believe is the same group that works ED in Springfield (EMEDPA knows them well), great group of people there. I used to work at hospital in Burlington, salaries do seem to be a little bit lower than if you worked at some of the other hospitals around the state, especially if you're looking to get into a specialty. You can usually find family practice or ortho jobs around north central and northeastern VT, reasonable cost of living for what you'd be paid. Be sure to check out PAAV web site for jobs (they have a couple that aren't listed on PA job link, Indeed, etc...). The small hospital in Morrisville, VT (very close to Stowe Mountain Resort and Smuggler's Notch) hires PAs, I knew a few that worked there and they really enjoyed it, good hours, reasonable money, great area to live.

In terms of ease of finding a job, I might say you can find the jobs but they may not be in exactly what you're looking to do.

Archived