Marywood Student Stats

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I am currently in the PA program. We are starting our spring semester now - if any current or prospective students have any questions I will do my best to answer them. I had a million questions this time last year and no one to ask.

I had a 3.5 overall GPA and a 3.8 in science courses. I earned a bachelor's degree in Exercise Science from Slippery Rock University. I shadowed 5 different PA's and had one letter of recommendation from a PA I shadowed for about 35 hours total. My other LOR came from my boss and a professor. I had approx. 300 volunteer hours teaching a sit and be fit fitness class to a geriatric population in an independent living facility. I also had around 1000 hours experience working at an immunization clinic. In addition, I spent weeks tweaking my narrative and had several people read it and give constructive advice on improvements to make. I think what helped me the most was that I had my CASPA application sent in one week after the cycle opened. The earlier they receive your application the better. Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

@AlLombardo

I will be starting the PA graduate program in May. I am planning on moving to the scranton area and have begun to look into various housing options. What are your current living arrangements? Where do most current students in the program reside? Do you have any housing recommendations?

Thanks!

Archived