Would I cut it as a PA?

I honestly couldn't see myself doing anything other than being a PA (except maybe a physical therapist..) however, I am a very "right brain" person and its always been harder for me to understand concepts in Science or Math. Im a hard worker, hell I took AP classes in high school!lol..but the schooling for PA is so extensive and intense.

Yesterday I met a man who lost both of his arms d/t bacterial meningitis 30 years ago. Do you think he said "well, I'm a very hands on person, but it's just too hard to figure out these prosthetics".

Nope.

The first (and only) step toward failure is believing you can't do it. If you truly can't see yourself doing something else, then do it. Stop with the self-pity. Do you think it was easy for any of us? Your brain should do what you want it to, not the other way around.

Also, this bull**** of "right brain" vs "left brain" is a handy excuse, isn't it? Except it's not true.

Ask yourself some questions: What about being a PA attracts you to the profession? What are you picuring yourself doing as a PA? Then, do your research and make sure your perceptions of PAdom are accurate. After all, medicine is an art and a science. Do you really want to persue a career in something that uses science so extensively? What don't you like about "science"? Why do you think you can't do science? Time for some research and soul searching. Good Luck

I question your depth of life experience and ability to really evaluate your true potential. You are equating hard work to AP classes in high school. If that is the best example of hard that you can muster then perhaps some years in a job market...or at the very least college, before you start selling yourself short.

Archived