Is it better to apply earlier or later in this cycle, or not at all?

Hey guys! I am currently stressed over if I should even bother applying this cycle. I am worried that my PCE is too low, but I feel good about my other stats.

Here are my stats:

gpa 3.92/4.0, science gpa is about the same

200 volunteering hours

400 leadership hours

180 hours as undergraduate teaching assistant

380 research hours

8 hours shadowing a PA (I'll probably shadow again before applications), 16 hours an MD

1 letter of rec from a science professor, 1 from the professor I was a teaching assitant for

If I were to apply in May, I would have 554 PCE hours as a phlebotomist. If I were to apply in August, I would probably be able to have about 800. I'm worried that if I apply in May, my PCE would be too low for them to even consider me, but if I apply in August, it might be too late for my application to be really considered because the schools I plan to apply to are rolling admissions. The application deadline dates for the schools I'm looking at are either September 1st, October 1st, or December 1st.

I would appreciate any feedback on when/if I should apply this cycle! I am really unsure and would love feedback if this cycle would be worth my energy or if I should just work for another year. Thank you in advance 🙂

You'll always be better tomorrow than you are today but you'll also have to wait one more day and have one less day to live.

Personally, I'd consider applying in late July and get some more shadowing in -- as well as find another reference or two (including a PA) ASAP. 

Good luck!

• Upvote 2