DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL

One of the most disgusting racist and sexist fake schools, which is currently under criminal investigation and in the process of having their accreditation revoked due to an incident involving the current class of students. Led by a pedophile fake smoking doctor and ghetto hood rat racist director, you will be sorry you wasted your time and money here once you figure out why they are already on probation (listed on their main web page).

Here are some tips from a former student CO 2020:

Apply here if you are okay with recording half naked videos of yourself and your classmates touching each other during "practice exams". 

Apply here if you're okay with some students receiving test answers before exams and others having their test made more difficult.

Apply here if you are okay with professors forcing you to look at pictures of children's private parts, as they make inappropriate comments about them.

Apply here if you're okay with your old creepy professors touching you inappropriately but not being able to report it.

My advice would be to sooner jump off of a bridge than apply to this school. After the current criminal proceedings, this school will likely be removed from the list of official Florida accredited programs, and you will have to transfer out anyways. There is literally not one circumstance where I would recommend even accepting an offer here rather than waiting until the next year and applying again to other schools. 

DO NOT GO HERE....YOU WERE WARNED! 

• 4 weeks later...

From a current student, 

First off, let me apologize to any pre PA students reading this. Applying to Pa school can already be scary, uncertain, and at times disheartening. When there are threads like this it can make the process even worse. Please understand that not everyone has your best interest at heart in some of these forums and may use this space to disparage programs and blow off steam. What is most concerning about this thread is not only the misinformation and lies but the fact that this "past student" felt the need to come back three years after graduation to post this. Assuming they were actually a part of the CO 2020, I have concerns that this PA would stoop so low as to call the director of our program who is the only black director at any of the NSU programs a "ghetto hood rat racist". I struggle to understand how she is the racist one in this equation. I am close with our director and can tell you that she is nothing but a sweet and extremely dedicated woman who spends nights and weekends on campus ensuring our success. The other lead they are referring to spends even more time on campus ensuring the program is the best it can be. I am also close with this individual and can say with confidence that you will struggle to find someone with a larger heart and more dedication than this man. He is extremely intelligent and an experienced educator who leads most of our community outreach opportunities. I’m not sure how to even address the pedophillia claims other than having absolutely no interactions with anyone in the program that would make this cross my mind. 

Addressing the criminal allegations issues, there is absolutely no criminal proceedings that myself, a current student, any other student, any of the faculty, and the director of the program is aware of... I checked... and rechecked so do not let that dissuade you. I really don't know where this came from.. 

To address the issue of our accreditation status. Nova Jacksonville has had several reassessments by the ARC-PA and has passed with flying colors. To get off probation is a long arduous process that occurs over many years. We are on probation in the first place because of a mix up with clinical year instructional objectives not being clearly defined in writing. That is how simple the issue is.... the ARC-PA wanted more clear instructional objectives. Infact all of the NSU campuses had the same issue Jacksonville was just the one that was under review. If you do not choose to believe me, that is your own prerogative. I've sat down and discussed this extensively and seen receipts. There have be 0 incidents with my class that would have us being revoked? 

My final topic to address is the tips from the former student. First, as I am sure you have realized at this point in your application process you are applying to go to be a medical professional. I am sure you understand that this involves touching and looking at the human body. If you did not realize this I'm sorry to break the news but you may want to work in another field. During our first semester we are required to submit videos of our physical exam techniques which you guessed it... involves doing a physical exam. You then get assigned another student's video and have to make comments on their technique. I'll be honest I'm not sure the professors even watch them. And finally, as a medical professional you will be looking at pictures of genitals and actual genitals at some point in your career so you should probably get ready for that. Of course you should not be making fun of them and I personally have never heard a professor do so but this "former student" has already lied so much I'd air on the side of skepticism. 

I won't even give the time of day to the exam remarks because we literally sit in the same room and all take the same exam at the same time then review afterwards. 

I am a current student at Nova Jacksonville and I will tell you that there is no place I would rather be and, though I should get back to studying, I will tell you why. 

1. I have never met a group of educators who care more for their students than the faculty at NSU JAX. I'm 100% serious, even if I hated it here I would still die on that hill. Sometimes I don't even know I'm having a bad day until one of the professors asks me what's wrong and I realize I need some emotional support. Every single time I have needed to talk to someone about school, life, or anything at least 3 professors are there and available to be a shoulder to cry on... yes there will be plenty of crying. We are all very close and sometimes even pull the occasional prank on each other.

2. I have worked with several PAs who have graduated from NSU jax and they have all shown and told me that this program is a force to be reckoned with. Additionally, I see a PA who graduated from this program as my PCP and she is incredibly and extremely knowledgeable. Lastly on this topic, when I said I was accepted here almost all of my coworkers at the Mayo Clinic were congratulating me on getting into an exceptional program. It is very well known in the area and preceptors often brag about how much more prepared we are than other Florida programs. As a side note to attest to the strength of our program, at the annual AAPA challenge bowl (a knowledge contest against all pa schools in the country) NSU Jacksonville tends to finish in the top and once a few years ago even took the trophy for first place. Other schools will actually be frightened of the team. 

3. My PA mentor once told me to go wherever I got accepted into PA school it did not matter. When I first applied I did not believe her. I was striving for Duke, Emory, Wake Forest, and Yale. As I worked with providers more and more, especially at the Mayo Clinic- what outsiders perceive as the authority of medicine. I realized how unimportant the school you go to is. Caribbean medical schools and Osteopathic schools are frowned on by some and thought of as lesser yet the DOs I worked with and MDs from Caribbean schools at Mayo and other health systems were some of the most inspiring, hard working, and intelligent doctors I worked with compared to their counterparts that went to Mayo Med or other prestigious programsl. I worked with a PA who went to Harvard who was working under a PA who went to a tiny school in western New York. The school in which you choose has little to do with your career as a PA. What is more important is YOU. Will you be a dedicated and compassionate person who understands that PA school is perhaps the hardest thing you will do in this life? Do you understand that medicine will push you to your physical and emotional limits and yet you still have to show up every day for your patients? Or will you take the easy way and blame your educators, preceptors, and colleagues for your failures and fear monger on Pa forums long after you've graduated. 

I apologize for the long response but thank you for taking the time to read this. I am disheartened that someone would go through these lengths to not only disenfranchise the program but all of the students that are currently in it. If this person is indeed practicing, which I hope they are not, I pray that they understand the very real impact this post could have on people currently working tirelessly to get an education from this program and learn to treat people with more grace. It is very easy to blame professors and admin for your failures when, as educators, it is kinda their job to make your life difficult. But do not forget that just like you they are people too with lives, families, and their own set of issues. In the end you quite literally sign up for and at times beg for the hell that is PA school don’t let others dissuade you and your journey. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out. I am happy to answer! 

• Upvote 1

Well said, @nsujaxstudent. The anonymous OP has a lot of things to work through, it seems. To any pre-PA students who read OP’s account of things and become disheartened, try these two things:

1. Imagine it is a caring adult and medical provider who would take a personal interest in helping you achieve the best in your career. Read it once with that personality in mind and see if the message checks out with the personality you imagine.

2. Then imagine it is a former student who left the program embittered by getting caught violating the ethics code, or had to leave after failing an important course or two. Read it again with that personality in mind and see if checks out as the personality of OP. 

Then, just make your decision on whether to lend credibility to the OP based on which personality type would have written that. 

And good luck to all the pre-PAs out there hoping for an interview and acceptance letters! This career is a dream and worth putting all in for!

• Upvote 1