Older applicants?

I started PA school at age 53, UGoLong started at age 58 I believe.

To try to anticipate some of your questions: I started PA school 31 years after I got my BS.  The fact that I had my BS was all that mattered.  I had to  take and/or re-take all of my prereqs, which I did almost exclusively at community college branches of the University of Cincinnati.  All of the PA schools I applied to were fine with this approach.

• Like 1

ohiovolffemtp is right; I was 58 and started PA school 40 years after starting college as a freshman. I repeated chemistry and statistics. I didn't have to repeat English or physics and that sort of stuff.

As an older student, I was able to take the required PA school prerequisites without taking all of the requirements that the school offering the prerequisite normally required. They accepted that I was willing to take the risk of taking a class without first taking their prerequisite. That saved some time.

All in all, I feel that it was an advantage being older. In practice, it still is.

• Like 1

If you still have questions I’d also be happy to chat with you about your specific situation (DM me). In PA school now, turned 40 in the program.

It was hard navigating all the various requirements from different schools and figuring out the fairly narrow list of schools I could apply to but I ended up in the right place! Took a reasonable set of prereqs online from community colleges and had no pushback. Also agree that being an older student is a good experience! Good luck to you whether or not you want to get in touch.