Noncompete-Wanting to go from Plastics Surgical PA to medspa

Hi all, 

I currently work for a private practice in plastic and reconstructive surgery. I am a surgical and clinical PA meaning I first assist and see patients in the clinic. I am interested in leaving this position and pursuing aesthetic dermatology (providing filler, botox, etc). My current noncompete states that I cannot practice anywhere within 10 miles of our office and perform plastic surgery or provide any related services that are provided at the office. I do not perform any injections currently for my SP. He has an esthetician that offers these services, but I have never been taught how to give injections nor do I provide them. I only assist in reconstructive and cosmetic procedures in the OR. If i wanted to accept a position with a medspa where i would be providing injection services but not providing any surgical services whatsover. And the medspa does not offer any related comsetic surgeries or surgery in general, would i be in breech of my contract/noncompete?

Any advice would be helpful. 

Thanks 

I'm not sure where the line is drawn between aesthetics and cosmetic plastics. The statement about not providing the same services as provided by your current office (injections) seems like you wouldn't be able to provide that without breaking your noncompete. A medical contracts lawyer would be the best person to decipher the contract for you and tell you about the legality of such noncompete.

• Upvote 1