Mercy 2023-2024 applications

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone!!! I am excited and grateful to be on this journey and I hope I will get to meet you all someday! Good luck to everyone this cycle and remember everything happens for a reason. 🙂 

In regards to my application:

I applied september 6th

Major: B.A in psychology and a B.S. in Biology with a minor in chemistry 

Science GPA: 3.89

Cumulative GPA: 3.82

PCE: 800 hours at the time I applied. I had around 200 hours as a health coach and 600 hours as a lab assistant in a hospital where I worked closely with medical technologists testing patients specimens and I also worked as a phlebotomist 

Research: 870 

Shadow: 324 hours (MD, PA, NP)

Teaching experiences: 18 hours

Leadership experience: 672 hours 

Volunteer: 200 hours

various awards and scholarships and was apart of many groups on campus

On 11/6/2023 at 2:26 PM, loadingphysicianassistant said:

Thank you everyone!!! I am excited and grateful to be on this journey and I hope I will get to meet you all someday! Good luck to everyone this cycle and remember everything happens for a reason. 🙂 

In regards to my application:

I applied september 6th

Major: B.A in psychology and a B.S. in Biology with a minor in chemistry 

Science GPA: 3.89

Cumulative GPA: 3.82

PCE: 800 hours at the time I applied. I had around 200 hours as a health coach and 600 hours as a lab assistant in a hospital where I worked closely with medical technologists testing patients specimens and I also worked as a phlebotomist 

Research: 870 

Shadow: 324 hours (MD, PA, NP)

Teaching experiences: 18 hours

Leadership experience: 672 hours 

Volunteer: 200 hours

various awards and scholarships and was apart of many groups on campus

Congratulations on the interview!! Very impressive stats, I'm looking forward to meeting you 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 7:29 PM, gkisses said:

Hey girl!! How did it go? Was the group situation stressful for you? I am interviewing this Saturday and would love any advice! 

It went well! I think the group interview made me a little more comfy because I knew the questions weren’t going to be super specific. Just be confident in your answer and try not to be nervous because everyone else is going to be and at least for me I wanted to stick out as much as I could 😭😭. GOOD LUCK YOU GOT THIS U WERE INVITED FOR A REASON❤️

23 hours ago, loadingphysicianassistant said:

It went well! I think the group interview made me a little more comfy because I knew the questions weren’t going to be super specific. Just be confident in your answer and try not to be nervous because everyone else is going to be and at least for me I wanted to stick out as much as I could 😭😭. GOOD LUCK YOU GOT THIS U WERE INVITED FOR A REASON❤️

How long from “under review” did you hear back about the interview?

On 11/18/2023 at 2:38 AM, loadingphysicianassistant said:

it was exactly how u described it!! i actually felt more comfortable during the group interview compared to the individual ones I've had! the staff and students were soso nice! GOOD LUCK TO U TOO I HOPE WE GET IN! ❤️ 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PAontheWayy said:

Hey did you have to stay the full time for the 9-5 interview ? And was the writing assignment hard. I’m super nervous for it

no it was pretty straight forward dont be nervous it was my most relaxed interview surprisingly, and it was like from 9-2:30ish but I was the first to go