Eastern Virginia Medical School 2023-2024 Cycle

Hi everyone! My name is Nicole and I wanted to get this started for anyone who may have questions as they begin to submit their applications. Since EVMS does not use rolling admissions and begin reviewing applications in January, I won't be submitting my application until the end of December. This will be my second time applying to EVMS; the other cycle I applied in was 2021-2022. I had the opportunity to interview in that cycle and fell in love with the program during interview day. Sadly, I was not accepted to join that class but interviewing was a great learning experience, considering it was the first in-person interview I had done for PA programs. I chose not to apply in the 2022-2023 cycle because at the time, I had an acceptance to a program awaiting accreditation. Unfortunately, that program did not pan out and I was left with virtually no time to submit applications in that cycle. So I am starting fresh this cycle, and EVMS is my top choice program!! They released their wait pool for the 22-23 cycle today so just imagine yourself with an acceptance a year from now 😁 Good luck to everyone applying, & may the odds be ever in your favor 🤞

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I copied this from their admission guidebook

"Any college-level course in the psychology department beyond an introductory psychology course that focuses on the understanding of human psychological development (Abnormal, Lifespan or Developmental recommended)  Courses offered in other departments (e.g. Sociology, Anthropology, etc.) will not be accepted.  *Part II of Introduction to Psychology will not be accepted"

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 9:41 AM, futurepa121212 said:

Thank you! I applied this cycle and got waitlisted. This was also my first time applying and my first interview. I still feel very sad and disappointed but I can’t let that stop me. Being a PA is my dream and I can’t let the waitlist deter me. EVMS is such a nice school, definitely my top choice. 

Don't let the waitlist deter you! I was waitlisted after my first application cycle, and now I am in my 4th semester with the program! 🙌 Just keep getting as much experience as possible and volunteer where you can while you wait! 🙂  

Hi I am a little confused. So I got an email that said they would start interviews in june/july. But from previous posts it looks like there are already interviews going on?

Can someone clarify, this is my first time applying and I know that EVMS is a late-start school. 

On 2/4/2024 at 7:27 PM, rekayy101 said:

Hi I am a little confused. So I got an email that said they would start interviews in june/july. But from previous posts it looks like there are already interviews going on?

Can someone clarify, this is my first time applying and I know that EVMS is a late-start school. 

EVMS does not do rolling admissions. The deadline for the application is March 1st. They hold interviews June/July and class starts Jan of the coming year (2025). The previous posts are talking about the waitlist for the class that just started Jan of this year. Hope this helps some! 

• 2 weeks later...