A thank you, and final update: The new grad guidebook.  AMA!

Hello again everyone!

I wanted to thank the community for your support and feedback on the new grad guidebook.  After multiple rounds of beta readers from this community, professional editors, and countless hours of writing later… the book is finally published!  

As a thank you, I wanted to offer the book to you all at the lowest price possible (Free on kindle unlimited/$5 ebook/$12 print) for the next couple weeks before it goes up to normal pricing.  I am also happy to answer your questions here (AMA) about the transition to practice, job hunt, or anything else you'd like to know.  

If you’ve missed my prior posts, here is the TLDR for the project: Our biggest challenge as APPs is the transition year after graduation.  Practices are leaving us to sink or swim without the mentorship prior generations had.  I wrote a book that addresses these challenges you’ll face as a new grad and summarizes the key knowledge you’ll need to practice medicine safely.  I cover everything from finding a job without red flags to the practical clinical medicine that isn’t taught well in schools.  The target audience is PA students in clinical year and new grads.

For what it’s worth, I have nearly a decade of experience as a clinician-educator and am currently an assistant program director for an EM APP postgraduate training program.  I've thought a lot about these topics and have been helping new grads for years!

Check it out!  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CDJQND8V 

Best,

SN

kzrTBfK4v0T8A4AyashN2YvYhxAAu5tZIM9OiC1AEdQ-3F8cthtcYH6wlEk3IfEHT9pJbFBfPgvGIOok8WXcv33Mn-lJ0gyVmqL9uD2wrA_90M48L_wq889vq0S0_AaAeIe4cust3bGO-jK3f3s6vCM

Edited by SERENITY NOW
updated link
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
8 hours ago, KalebPA said:

I read this book coming to the end of my time in didactic, I think this would be a wonderful gift for my classmates from the SGA before graduation. Thank you for the resource!!

I'm so happy to hear!  It's a bizarre experience working on something for so long, sending it out into the world, and hoping others find it helpful.  So far the feedback has been fantastic (whew!). 

If you'd be interested in a discount for a group purchase, shoot me a PM and I will see what I can do 🙂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, EMEDPA said:

My ER copy is getting good use and every student who has looked at it has ordered their own copy. Maybe try to advertise these directly to PA programs. Every student should have one. 

Glad to hear that it's getting good use!  You're absolutely right about advertising -- professional authors have told me the real work begins after you hit publish.  I haven't had much time since we just had our second kid.  Once some time frees up I plan on doing more advertising and promoting etc.  

• Like 1