Question Regarding Acceptance

Forewarning I have not been accepted anywhere and will be going on my first interview next month but I have been seeing that if you accept an acceptance that you have to notify other schools you applied to so they can withdraw your application, I'm curious if I do get accepted into this program which will be great and all but I still want to still be able to interview if given the opportunities to other programs as well, how does that work without losing a potential seat. Can someone help explain this to me, I am new to this whole process. 

12 minutes ago, Lisa1 said:

Forewarning I have not been accepted anywhere and will be going on my first interview next month but I have been seeing that if you accept an acceptance that you have to notify other schools you applied to so they can withdraw your application, I'm curious if I do get accepted into this program which will be great and all but I still want to still be able to interview if given the opportunities to other programs as well, how does that work without losing a potential seat. Can someone help explain this to me, I am new to this whole process. 

You do not have to notify other schools that you were accepted, if you still want the opportunity to interview elsewhere. If you choose to accept an acceptance (like it was your top choice and you are 100% taking that seat), then you should let your other programs know that you have accepted a seat elsewhere so they can give that opportunity to other applicants. 

18 minutes ago, CiCithePrePA said:

You do not have to notify other schools that you were accepted, if you still want the opportunity to interview elsewhere. If you choose to accept an acceptance (like it was your top choice and you are 100% taking that seat), then you should let your other programs know that you have accepted a seat elsewhere so they can give that opportunity to other applicants. 

Okay that makes a lot more sense, reading the other forums out there it made it seem like it was impossible to have the opportunity to interview at other places 

• 3 weeks later...