Rotation - Washington DC

For ER, I would actually recommend getting in Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, MD (it's on the metro line, just outside of the city). It's the local trauma center and a GREAT hospital. (I was in EMT in the area so I have a fair idea of what I'm talking about). There are a million hospitals, the struggle will be finding a spot where they'll take you since there are Georgetown, GW and UMD students.

Other suggestions - Prince George Country - also right outside the city (you will definitely have an busy ER).. Holy Cross Hospital - if you end up there, you'll have to let me know so I can have my old EMT crew look out for you :;)):

I'm trying to think of another hospital system that's actually within the city limits besides GW, and I'm drawing a blank. I personally am a big fan of GW, and it's RIGHT off the metro, but you'll have a lot of competition for get a rotation spot there.

Anyway, hope that gets you started. If you'd like more from me, feel free to PM me. Good luck!

Archived