2023-2024 Cycle: Marshall

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 11:51 AM, salwarahaman said:

Got a letter in the mail today rejecting my application 😞 good luck to everyone else

Was it rejected because you didn't meet the minimum qualifications? Or just a rejection from the school for "not being a good fit" or whatever else they always tell us when you get rejected lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, PathToPA1109 said:

How do you guys feel with Marshall’s accreditation being put on probation. Not sure if I should even consider the school anymore. 

I'm not too concerned about it. Per the ARC-PA website, schools with an accreditation-probation status are still fully accredited programs. As long as a school is accredited (continued, provisional, or probation) when the student starts the program, they are eligible to take the PANCE exam and become fully practicing PAs. I believe the next review period is not until 2025, so that means that anyone starting this cycle in January will not really be affected by the decision and will be able to sit for the PANCE exam upon graduation. See below for more information:

Student Questions – ARC-PA

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PathToPA1109 said:

How do you guys feel with Marshall’s accreditation being put on probation. Not sure if I should even consider the school anymore. 

It really just depends. I personally do not mind it, at the end of the day any newer program you enroll in is a risk you take. Generally PANCE results are a big indicator for how well a program prepares you but they don’t have PANCE results yet. The PA reddit community seems very against new programs or any form of probation. I like and believe in the faculty and I am willing to take a risk to be there.

Edited by MandM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...