SUNY Downstate 2023-2024

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/8/2023 at 1:51 PM, PrePA0811 said:

Just wanted to give people a head's up - I spoke to some alumni and was told that their program is extremely unorganized, staff are not helpful, and the program is just not the best. I am trying to submit my application to them, and for whatever reason they've given me an extremely difficult time with my app. I just have a bad gut feeling that this school truly does not GAF about anybody.

SAME!! They are so rude whenever I email simple questions! I have been polite and professional, idk why they hate helping people. I have emailed dozens of other programs with questions, and they've all been extremely polite, professional, and helpful. I have NEVER experienced anything like their admissions department!!! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PAJackson said:

SAME!! They are so rude whenever I email simple questions! I have been polite and professional, idk why they hate helping people. I have emailed dozens of other programs with questions, and they've all been extremely polite, professional, and helpful. I have NEVER experienced anything like their admissions department!!! 

They have been rude to me every time I've either emailed or called them with a question. It's honestly concerning. If they're this unprofessional and straight up rude before we even attend, I can't imagine what it's like to be there. I'm not happy that you also experienced this, but I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling that way. I'm happy other programs have been kind and helpful to you so far! 🙂 

• Like 2

On 11/14/2023 at 4:11 PM, PrePA0811 said:

They have been rude to me every time I've either emailed or called them with a question. It's honestly concerning. If they're this unprofessional and straight up rude before we even attend, I can't imagine what it's like to be there. I'm not happy that you also experienced this, but I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling that way. I'm happy other programs have been kind and helpful to you so far! 🙂 

I completely agree!! It is extremely concerning. PA school is stressful enough, I can't imagine attending a program with unprofessional and rude administrators. I've been thinking that maybe it's a good thing that they aren't helping me with my application, so that I won't end up attending a program that doesn't care about its students. It really is a shame though.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 1:55 PM, MimiPA said:

For anyone interviewed, how long did it take after the faculty screener assigned to get an interview?

I'm not sure how long it took cause idk exactly when it updated to that for me. I'd say it was at least 2-3 weeks before I got an interview invite, but I did also submit soon after the app opened. To further clarify for what the interview entails, they mainly ask the general set of questions and it's more conversation based than anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, NYSPA said:

No. I haven't heard back. It's disheartening since it's over 4 weeks for me. I was told it's usually in 2 weeks. (there have been exceptions). When was your interview?

Mine was the 27th. I've been looking at other threads and it looks like it did take a while for many people to hear back anything at all. I thought cause this year they started interviews at the end of November, they'd hopefully do everything quicker cause other years they started December. Many people have said different things in how long they take as well but honestly I don't know why it's taking this long even if it will be a rejection. Maybe we hear back this week?

2 minutes ago, DS456 said:

Mine was the 27th. I've been looking at other threads and it looks like it did take a while for many people to hear back anything at all. I thought cause this year they started interviews at the end of November, they'd hopefully do everything quicker cause other years they started December. Many people have said different things in how long they take as well but honestly I don't know why it's taking this long even if it will be a rejection. Maybe we hear back this week?

Honestly, that's what I thought as well. I hope we both get in. 

• Like 1