West Coast University - Texas 2023-2024

On 7/23/2023 at 7:22 PM, Motherofterror said:

There were different aspects to the interview, but MMI style is one of them. 
I had about 45 people in my interview group on Friday. 

I heard they have an essay portion too as one of the stations. How does that work? as well as a group activity station. How were they judging the group activity performance? 

1 hour ago, Bucksbunny said:

I heard they have an essay portion too as one of the stations. How does that work? as well as a group activity station. How were they judging the group activity performance? 

You basically just write the essay prompt while having your zoom camera on. Group activity is monitored by faculty, we aren’t given a rubric on how they score us but when I had my 1:1 interview, they told us it was blind. 

6 hours ago, salwarahaman said:

Just got my 3rd waitlisted for interview email, anyone else in the same boat? (keep getting considered for interviews)

Also got passed for the next interview. They're a private school so I'm assuming they're interviewing all the high GPA applications first. I'm at a 3.4 so I would probably be one of the last groups they call 😢 

Edited by Chrisss

17 hours ago, Motherofterror said:

They waitlisted you for the interview date or after the interview?? 

No, I still have not been able to land an interview. They just "waitlisted" some of us for the next interview. They send out emails saying "being considered for the next interview on _____(interview date)" while stating they passed on me for this months interview. I'm assuming it is because my GPA is not on the higher scale, but here's hoping I am able to land one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisss said:

Congratulations!!!!! Are you comfortable sharing your stats? 

cGPA: 3.75 
sGPA: 3.70 
BCP: 3.62 
Last 60 credit hours: 3.79 
HCE: 800+ hours (currently working as a medical technologist at the American Red Cross) 
PCE: 2600 hours as a PCT on an acute inpatient rehab unit 
Leadership: 1116 hours as a Lead PCT on the acute inpatient rehab unit 
Research: 860 hours between a neurobiology lab working on neurodegenerative diseases and a pharmacology & toxicology lab working on the breast cancer research.
Teaching Experience: 200 hours as a Biology 101 TA
Volunteering: 890 hours between working as a mutual aid distribution organization and as a STEM transfer student peer mentor.  
Non Healthcare Employment: 13,648 hours 
CASPer: 4th percentile 
GRE: 300/5 on analytical 
LORS: 3 (1 MD, 1 professor from my human metabolism & disease class & working in his neurobiology lab, and 1 RN/Nursing Manager) 

Am also a non-traditional student since I am older and had to put myself through school by working full time. 

Edited by Motherofterror
Typo
  • Like 1

Verified 5/16, interviewed 06/16, and accepted on 07/07

GPA: 3.77

sGPA: 3.63

GRE: 302

CASPER: 4th quartile 

PCE hours: ~2200 hours as MA/Scribe/ultrasound assistant

Volunteer: ~800 hours

Leadership: ~500 hours as president of women's healthcare organization, student ministry, and scholarship organization

Shadowing: ~80 hours w/ general family practice PA, orthopedic hand surgeon, and chief of surgery/trauma team including PA/NP/MD

On 8/4/2023 at 1:09 PM, Motherofterror said:

cGPA: 3.75 
sGPA: 3.70 
BCP: 3.62 
Last 60 credit hours: 3.79 
HCE: 800+ hours (currently working as a medical technologist at the American Red Cross) 
PCE: 2600 hours as a PCT on an acute inpatient rehab unit 
Leadership: 1116 hours as a Lead PCT on the acute inpatient rehab unit 
Research: 860 hours between a neurobiology lab working on neurodegenerative diseases and a pharmacology & toxicology lab working on the breast cancer research.
Teaching Experience: 200 hours as a Biology 101 TA
Volunteering: 890 hours between working as a mutual aid distribution organization and as a STEM transfer student peer mentor.  
Non Healthcare Employment: 13,648 hours 
CASPer: 4th percentile 
GRE: 300/5 on analytical 
LORS: 3 (1 MD, 1 professor from my human metabolism & disease class & working in his neurobiology lab, and 1 RN/Nursing Manager) 

Am also a non-traditional student since I am older and had to put myself through school by working full time. 

That’s impressive! 

any advice for the interview? 

25 minutes ago, Bucksbunny said:

That’s impressive! 

any advice for the interview? 

I purchased the savanna perry interview guide and that was extremely helpful in aiding how to form an answer. 
Make sure you have experiences from healthcare just ready to go, and I know it’s cliche and I hated hearing it but truly just be yourself. I feel like they know when you’re forming an answer based on what you think they want to hear. 

Edited by Motherofterror
Typo
  • Like 1