West Coast University - Texas 2023-2024

1 hour ago, PACINPROGRESS said:

They won't look at your application until you finish all the prereqs?? I thought its fine if you have a course in progress?

My application is reviewed they just cant interview or offer interview to me or rejection yet, this was the email i got beginning of this month and im wrapping up my pending course now and have emailed them since with proof of attendance and they said to submit final grade to caspa asap once received 

"Thank you for your interest in our Master of Physician Assistant (MPA) program.

I wanted to inform you that your application for admissions is currently on hold. The reason for this is that we have noticed that you have prerequisite courses in progress. While we understand that you may be actively working towards completing these courses, we are unable to move forward with the evaluation process or extend interview invitations until CASPA receives and verifies your official grades and transcript.

We want to emphasize that our admissions process operates on a rolling basis, and we strive to make timely decisions on applications. However, in order to ensure a fair and comprehensive evaluation of your application, we need to review your complete academic record, including the prerequisite courses you are currently taking.

Once CASPA receives and verifies your official grades and transcripts we will be able to reassess your application promptly.

As a reminder these courses must be submitted by our deadline of October 1st, 2023. 

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to continuing the evaluation of your application. "

6 hours ago, Lisa1 said:

My application is reviewed they just cant interview or offer interview to me or rejection yet, this was the email i got beginning of this month and im wrapping up my pending course now and have emailed them since with proof of attendance and they said to submit final grade to caspa asap once received 

"Thank you for your interest in our Master of Physician Assistant (MPA) program.

I wanted to inform you that your application for admissions is currently on hold. The reason for this is that we have noticed that you have prerequisite courses in progress. While we understand that you may be actively working towards completing these courses, we are unable to move forward with the evaluation process or extend interview invitations until CASPA receives and verifies your official grades and transcript.

We want to emphasize that our admissions process operates on a rolling basis, and we strive to make timely decisions on applications. However, in order to ensure a fair and comprehensive evaluation of your application, we need to review your complete academic record, including the prerequisite courses you are currently taking.

Once CASPA receives and verifies your official grades and transcripts we will be able to reassess your application promptly.

As a reminder these courses must be submitted by our deadline of October 1st, 2023. 

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to continuing the evaluation of your application. "

oh darn! I am in the same position but I still didn't receive a confirmation email. Which class is still in progress?

15 hours ago, PACINPROGRESS said:

oh darn! I am in the same position but I still didn't receive a confirmation email. Which class is still in progress?

Genetics, i just finished last night waiting for final grade to be posted. I took it through Portage learning to finish early, I took this course back in college but got a C so retook it and informed them 

11 hours ago, Lisa1 said:

Genetics, i just finished last night waiting for final grade to be posted. I took it through Portage learning to finish early, I took this course back in college but got a C so retook it and informed them 

ohh, yeah they're website says they accept C or higher. Congrats on finishing the course! 

16 hours ago, PACINPROGRESS said:

ohh, yeah they're website says they accept C or higher. Congrats on finishing the course! 

Oh thank you! I ended up getting my grade this morning and emailed the school my unofficial transcript while the official one is being mailed to Caspa, hoping to hear good news back 

I have a question as I am confused I retook Genetics and transcript was sent and verified already but now they wont review my application because Microbiology is in progress, but I received a B- in it so I thought it would be accepted, I'm repeating the course for another school. I am just so lost they said once they receive that grade then they will review my application. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

19 hours ago, Lisa1 said:

I have a question as I am confused I retook Genetics and transcript was sent and verified already but now they wont review my application because Microbiology is in progress, but I received a B- in it so I thought it would be accepted, I'm repeating the course for another school. I am just so lost they said once they receive that grade then they will review my application. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

If you put on your CASPA application that you are retaking a course, they cannot use your current one. You can either submit with your current grade and use the new one for next cycle, or say you're retaking it and wait until the new grade is in. Some schools will make an exception, but you would have to contact them. 

2 hours ago, Chrisss said:

If you put on your CASPA application that you are retaking a course, they cannot use your current one. You can either submit with your current grade and use the new one for next cycle, or say you're retaking it and wait until the new grade is in. Some schools will make an exception, but you would have to contact them. 

Okay this makes a lot more sense now, because I did update my application a month ago when I started the course I’m almost done with the course now and will update them. This is my first application cycle but that definitely makes a lot more sense now. Thank you!

Just got an email saying I was not selected for the July interview day, and instead being considered for the August date. Very interesting system I have not heard of other schools keeping you updated month to month like this. At least it makes me feel like I'm still in the loop.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, salwarahaman said:

Also got an email saying that although I was unable to receive one of the July interviews, I was being considered for August. Have never heard a program do this, anyone else?

I believe it is just another approach to telling an applicant they’re in the “interview pool.” 
Several programs have informed of that status and I’ve heard nothing else. I appreciate that WCU is so communicative.

Edited by Medico