Working Overseas

Does anyone have any good resources for overseas work? I have noodled around on USAJobs but nothing was easy to find. I know DOD has overseas positions as do several other organizations.

Its very preliminary but I'm going to retire in a couple of years and I thought either I could find a position or my wife (RN) could and I'd come along for the ride.

I really failed to travel as much as I could have when I was stationed overseas. Maybe it isn't too late.

Recently saw this on Indeed. Not sure how you feel about war zones but you'll be stationed in western Ukraine. See details below. I think this same company had a contract position for Alaska as well.

Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA)- job post

Washington, DC

$100,000 - $200,000 a year - Full-time, Contract, Local contract

Job details

Matches job preferences you are Interested in
Salary
$100,000 - $200,000 a year

Job Type
Full-time

Contract

Local contract
Are you looking for Local contract work?
YesNo
Shift and Schedule
Evening shift
Day shift

Are you willing to work Evening shift?
YesNo

pUrgent Deployment Opportunity for NPs and PAs for medical services in Ukraine!

Calling all dedicated Nurse Practitioners (NPs) and Physician Assistants (PAs) looking for an immediate deployment opportunity!

Collaborating with an international team, you will deliver quality care, including medical assessments, treatment, and health education in Ukraine.

Your responsibilities will encompass:

• Lead the provision of occupational health and overall daily medical care and specified medical training to US instructor personnel and Government of Ukraine students at the US-sponsored training facility in western Ukraine.
  • Serve as the overall medical coordinator and senior instructor.
  • Lead the medical team’s efforts serving as first responders, evacuation management, and operating daily sick-call.
  • Serve as the program manager’s medical coordinator for all program medical care in Ukraine
  • Lead the development of suitable medical protocols in accordance with relevant international standards supporting EOD and UXO training.
  • Ability to coordinate with host nation health care providers and prescribe meds, if required
  • Lead the delivery of medical training including Basic Life Support (BSL) and Intermediate Care
  • Patient mobilization and transport and MEDEVAC procedures to US and Government of Ukraine students.
  • Hold and maintain appropriate medical certifications to provide occupational health care and manage certified training
  • If required, provide telemedicine support to US personnel in satellite locations throughout Ukraine
  • Provide support to US contractor medical evacuation supplier in implementing CASEVAC and MEDEVAC missions

Requirements:

• Bachelor’s Degree, plus Completion of an Accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Program
  • 8-10+ years of Military PA or NP experience preferred
  • Certification by the National Commission for Certified Physician Assistants or National Nurse Practitioner’s Certification
  • Overseas deployments supporting the US, UN, NATO, or other NGOs in the last 2-5 years preferred
  • National Board Certification
  • Shall be able to lift and carry over 60 pounds without fatigue or physical strain or stress that will cause injury.
  • Shall be able to safely maneuver through field environment.
  • Shall be able to stand for 4-hour intervals at a time outdoors, shall be able to maintain mobility (to include running) in a field environment.
  • Able to walk cross-country (uneven, rocky, sandy, and water obstacles) in all weather conditions during the day, night, and low visibility periods.
  • Able to operate outside of a normal office environment where restrooms and wash facilities are not available.
  • Able to be transported in government-provided ground
  • Must be able to deploy within short notice.

Salary and Benefits:

• $200K per year + $60/day (perdiem)
  • Accommodation and transportation provided during the deployment.

We encourage you to apply as soon as possible to secure your opportunity.

**Pending Contract Award.

Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Local contract

Pay: $100,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year

Medical specialties:

• Primary Care
  • Urgent Care

Standard shift:

• Day shift
  • Evening shift

Work setting:

• Acute care
  • In-person