What are my chances? HELP!

I am a now senior Pre PA student and I am concerned that I will not get in. I only have 23 hours of shadowing, I have 1000+ hours as a patient transporter, 500 or so hours as a patient care tech. I was involved in student government, bible study, Pre-PA club, marching band, etc. I don't have that much volunteer hours. Maybe 100 at the max. I also only have 2 letters of rec and one of them is my advisor. I am struggling with my personal statement and I am afraid I won't get in. I only have one school in mind because it is the closest to me and it is the same school where I am for my undergrad. I am trying to get married maybe fall 2025 and do not want to go far. What are my chances? I am trying to get more shadowing but it is proving difficult, and I am running out of time. 

• 4 weeks later...

If your GPA is solid, I would do it. If I were you, I totally would. You are only paying to apply for one school, you have enough PCE and healthcare hours, and it seems like you have things lined up. The biggest thing I would look into is to see how much the school values volunteer hours. Either way I would shoot my shot if I only plan on applying to one school.

Some of your issues seem fixable. If you are going to the school with the PA program you want to apply to, you might consider talking with a PA faculty member. They might have a suggestion for shadowing. If you are a senior and have worked that many hours as a PCT, you probably know more people than you are thinking of who could write the additional recommendations. 

That you are struggling with so many things -- including writing a short essay -- suggests this might a systemic problem. It might be time to go to the a counselor in the student center.

Best wishes.

Edited by UGoLong

Look at the incoming class statistics for the program you are applying to and compare your own stats to that e.g GPA, PCE, HCE, volunteer hours, shadowing. The school's website tells you everything regarding your chances at getting in. If you are below average for the sGPA and cGPA, your chances are low. If above average, probably better chances, but they will examine you holistically. I would recommend getting some shadowing in and having a PA write the other LOR for you. That would be a huge boost to your application if your GPAs are already good.