2023-2024 Application Cycle

• 2 months later...

Quick question for anyone that can answer, I have my GRE scheduled for the end of August, I know you can submit scores up until Nov. My application is complete except for the GRE aspect. Does any1 know if I should submit my application now and just submit my score once I get it @ end of August or wait to submit everything together?

On 8/1/2023 at 11:43 AM, dinajourney2PA said:

Quick question for anyone that can answer, I have my GRE scheduled for the end of August, I know you can submit scores up until Nov. My application is complete except for the GRE aspect. Does any1 know if I should submit my application now and just submit my score once I get it @ end of August or wait to submit everything together?

I would submit now. Your score won't change any of the information you include on your app, especially if it is already completed. I just submitted my supplemental application & the page has a checklist that will show as incomplete until you pay the supplemental fee and they have received your GRE scores. They also have a section where you can update them on new things. The listed examples are 

• Application Updates-Examples of relevant updates might include information pertaining to new experiences, research, volunteer, community service, paid employment etc. that were not included in your submitted application. 
  • End of Term Grades/Grade Updates (For currently enrolled college students)
  • Unofficial Transcripts 

Hope this helps!! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 1:39 AM, AGLR23 said:

If you dont mind me asking, when did you apply? How did they notify you, did you get an email or was the update received through your application account? 

Thank you and congrats!

June 24th -- sent in my primary

July 7th -- submitted secondary 

August 15th -- invited to interview by email

1 hour ago, aspiringpa656 said:

Does anyone think its too late in the cycle to apply to this program? I really would like to go to a program that's in New York :,(

It’s not too late to apply! Although they’re a rolling admin school, they just started their interview process and are still doing interviews until next year, so you’d still have a chance if you want to

8 hours ago, aspiringpa656 said:

Does anyone think its too late in the cycle to apply to this program? I really would like to go to a program that's in New York :,(

there are so many programs in NY that dont start looking at apps until later this year/beginning of next! I would say shoot your shot for SUNY and maybe look into CUNY!! best of luck 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I wanted to share my timeline and see if anyone else is in a similar boat. Starting get slightly discouraged… I submitted my primary early August but didn’t submit my supplemental until September 12th and haven’t heard anything since. Which I know is late, but it seems people are hearing something roughly a month after their submission. Although I already have an acceptance elsewhere, SUNY Upstate is my top choice. Thoughts? Advice? Any info on the timeline? Thanks 😊 

On 10/24/2023 at 4:54 PM, pastudent336 said:

Hey everyone! I wanted to share my timeline and see if anyone else is in a similar boat. Starting get slightly discouraged… I submitted my primary early August but didn’t submit my supplemental until September 12th and haven’t heard anything since. Which I know is late, but it seems people are hearing something roughly a month after their submission. Although I already have an acceptance elsewhere, SUNY Upstate is my top choice. Thoughts? Advice? Any info on the timeline? Thanks 😊 

I applied and submitted my supplemental on July 25th and still haven’t heard back! I feel the same way and others have told me to just stay positive and stay strong. The deadline isn’t until November 1st, so I’m using that as a reminder that there is still time! Good luck I hope everything works out for you!! 

• 2 weeks later...