2023-24 Cycle at Keck Graduate Institution, MSPA program

• 4 weeks later...

I got an invite to interview! I submitted early May got a confirmation email shortly after. I’m super excited as this is my top choice program. For the people who were accepted, do you have any advice for the interview?

This is my first application cycle and my first interview invite, so I’m very nervous. 

On 10/5/2023 at 2:31 PM, Paher88 said:

Congrats!’ I just got an interview. Any advice? 

Congrats for getting an interview and to all who did as well! The interview day will consist of a group interview and 2 1-on-1 interviews. They are really the nicest faculty and staff so just try to stay relaxed and stick to answering the question! I really love the program director. She is the warmest person ever and really seems to care about this program a lot and its students! You'll have a decent amount of time to be as brief or as thorough as you want. There are plenty of breaks throughout the day and a Q&A sessions as well so a tip would be to bring ALL the questions you have as well! Best of luck to everyone 🙂 

On 10/10/2023 at 10:27 PM, prePAgorly said:

Congrats for getting an interview and to all who did as well! The interview day will consist of a group interview and 2 1-on-1 interviews. They are really the nicest faculty and staff so just try to stay relaxed and stick to answering the question! I really love the program director. She is the warmest person ever and really seems to care about this program a lot and its students! You'll have a decent amount of time to be as brief or as thorough as you want. There are plenty of breaks throughout the day and a Q&A sessions as well so a tip would be to bring ALL the questions you have as well! Best of luck to everyone 🙂 

Thanks so much for the info! I really appreciate it 🙂 Do you know if it's an open or closed interview? 

On 10/14/2023 at 3:30 PM, papochacco said:

Thanks so much for the info! I really appreciate it 🙂 Do you know if it's an open or closed interview? 

Honestly I have no idea whether it was a closed or open interview! They did not clearly state it, but my advice would be to not leave anything out you think is important to your story even if it was already on your application. You can try emailing them and asking and maybe they could let you know? They do send you emails of what to expect on your interview day though.

On 10/10/2023 at 10:27 PM, prePAgorly said:

Thank you so much for the info! I was told to bring a pen and paper to the interview. Was there an essay portion and how would we even submit it via zoom?