North Central College 2023-2024 cycle

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hawkeyeguy said:

I think that was true for last years cycle. There’s two interview dates for June. I was in the first and I believe there’s another toward the end of June. good luck to you all

Congrats that’s amazing! How long did it take for you to hear back about an interview?

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, catlover21 said:

I initially wasn't going to apply here but decided last minute. I submitted everything 6/14 and received confirmation from the school on 6/15. Anyone apply around the same time as me/has heard back?

I applied same day and still haven’t heard back 

If it's still formatted the same (and forgive me if it's not I did this back in 2021), MMI portion to do prior and then in-person with some group interview activities and then individual questions. I would say on a general basis, think about how you'll handle being in a rigorous and stressful environment, how you demonstrate leadership and professionalism, and a solid handle on why you feel like you want to be a PA. Hope that helps and good luck

15 hours ago, GoldenHeart18 said:

If it's still formatted the same (and forgive me if it's not I did this back in 2021), MMI portion to do prior and then in-person with some group interview activities and then individual questions. I would say on a general basis, think about how you'll handle being in a rigorous and stressful environment, how you demonstrate leadership and professionalism, and a solid handle on why you feel like you want to be a PA. Hope that helps and good luck

When I got the invite all it said was “virtual interview” with no mention of in person activities! Is that something they’d discuss during the virtual portion? Or it may have totally changed!

Does anyone understand the dual enrollment process/matriculation process for accepted students? Does this prohibit paying seat deposits in other PA programs in order to be eligible for North Central's PA program? I have attached this from their website below:

Dual Enrollment Policy

Applicants should notify North Central College of any current or prior enrollment in another Physician Assistant Program. Enrollment in another PA program concurrent with enrollment, pre-matriculation activities, or matriculation in the North Central Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) program is strictly prohibited and will result in the enrollee automatically forfeiting his/her seat in the North Central MSPAS program, as well as any monetary deposits.   

Enrolled students are defined as those who have accepted admissions to another PA program and have engaged in one of the following activities within 6 months prior to the start of the North Central College MSPAS program: 

• Completed more than 3 weeks of study at another PA program 
  • Engaged in pre-matriculation activities at another PA program 
  • Otherwise initiated attendance in another PA program 

These students may be admitted to Undergraduate or other (non-MSPAS) North Central College graduate programs and are eligible to reapply to the MSPAS program in the next admissions cycle. However, these students are ineligible for the MSPAS cohort in the year of acceptance based on their concurrent enrollment.

22 hours ago, saltandpepper05 said:

Does anyone understand the dual enrollment process/matriculation process for accepted students? Does this prohibit paying seat deposits in other PA programs in order to be eligible for North Central's PA program? I have attached this from their website below:

Dual Enrollment Policy

Applicants should notify North Central College of any current or prior enrollment in another Physician Assistant Program. Enrollment in another PA program concurrent with enrollment, pre-matriculation activities, or matriculation in the North Central Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) program is strictly prohibited and will result in the enrollee automatically forfeiting his/her seat in the North Central MSPAS program, as well as any monetary deposits.   

Enrolled students are defined as those who have accepted admissions to another PA program and have engaged in one of the following activities within 6 months prior to the start of the North Central College MSPAS program: 

• Completed more than 3 weeks of study at another PA program 
  • Engaged in pre-matriculation activities at another PA program 
  • Otherwise initiated attendance in another PA program 

These students may be admitted to Undergraduate or other (non-MSPAS) North Central College graduate programs and are eligible to reapply to the MSPAS program in the next admissions cycle. However, these students are ineligible for the MSPAS cohort in the year of acceptance based on their concurrent enrollment.

Hmmmmm, seems like paying a deposit does not fit into this criteria. As long as you haven't actively attended any orientations, etc. for other programs. I'd say reach out to admissions for clarification!