How much should change between cycles?

Hi guys, 

I applied last cycle and am currently waitlisted at 2 schools. I followed up with the other programs for feedback and was told that I had a strong application, but that the cycle was just so competitive they couldn't offer an interview. Other than continued PCE, HCE,  shadowing and volunteer hours, I'm not sure what else should change in my application. Does anyone have any experience with this? This is my first time reapplying - I have been working in a new job in a new city since last cycle so will update my app with this, but other than that, I'm not sure!

On 5/16/2023 at 4:22 PM, prepa4065 said:

Hi guys, 

I applied last cycle and am currently waitlisted at 2 schools. I followed up with the other programs for feedback and was told that I had a strong application, but that the cycle was just so competitive they couldn't offer an interview. Other than continued PCE, HCE,  shadowing and volunteer hours, I'm not sure what else should change in my application. Does anyone have any experience with this? This is my first time reapplying - I have been working in a new job in a new city since last cycle so will update my app with this, but other than that, I'm not sure!

You don't have to change anything; the bigger question is: "would it help me to change my application?" You've learned something new in the last year -- about yourself, about your career interests, etc -- so that could go in. Perhaps you want to take a fresh approach to the essay. 

It's all up to you.

• Upvote 1