2023-2024 CASPA CYCLE

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 10:13 PM, valthefuturepa said:

Hi everyone,

Is it true UC Davis doesn't allow/evaluate courses done at a post bacc? I can't find any information about that on their website but someone did tell me that so I wanted to be sure.

Hello,

That's not true. I just graduated from their program. They mainly go off the overall bachelor's GPA and science GPA. If you retook science prereqs postbacc, they do include those higher grades in the science GPA calculation.

The overall bachelor's GPA is final once you graduate from undergrad. Any courses taken postbacc will not change this GPA so nothing can change/improve your bachelor's GPA. Maybe this is what you were referring to?

Hope this helps clarify! 

1 hour ago, lovePAxox said:

Just got an interview invite, but all 8 of the times they provided are M/T/W/Th in the next upcoming two weeks?? My job will never let me get that off. Be prepared everyone else 😂

Yeah I got the email as well, hopefully your work will give you the time off. Good luck! 

Edited by ZV1989

5 hours ago, optimistictiger said:

Congrats everyone!!! Does anyone know if email invites will trickle in or was that a one and done situation

I am looking at last cycle thread and looks like there are people receiving invites from 10/17 to 10/21. I'm thinking it's the same for this cycle. Personally I have not received an invite yet so I'm still hoping. Wish everyone the best!

• Like 4

Congratulations to everyone who got an interview! I was also offered an interview on the 18th and was wondering if anyone had any insights as to their interview style or what type of questions will be asked. Anything helps, thank you!

I applied July 29, verified august 3

Edited by HXH163
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HXH163 said:

Congratulations to everyone who got an interview! I was also offered an interview on the 18th and was wondering if anyone had any insights as to their interview style or what type of questions will be asked. Anything helps, thank you!

I applied July 29, verified august 3

I am wondering the same thing. It seems to be a much shorter time window than I am used to having so far this cycle, just an hour and half seems so small. Style? I will look in past years posts to see if they said anything 

21 hours ago, meowbeartime said:

I just received an invite on Saturday 10/21 for this Tuesday, I think someone must have given up their interview spot and I was on the waitlist previously

I did as well, Saturday night for a spot on 10/24, virtual interview. I applied in early June, like the 7th? 

Saludos future PA colleagues and congratulations to those of you who have received an interview invite!

I just thought I'd drop my info on the forum.  I recently graduated from the UCD PA program which was fully paid for through the NHSC scholarship program, I passed my PANCE, and am currently interviewing for PA jobs. 

If you're reading this, it's not a matter of IF you'll become a PA-C, but WHEN! As a first-generation Mexicano I know the struggles you are probably facing--CASPA is a beast of an application, interviews are exhausting, the whole process is so long, how am I going to pay for this program?--- If you're like I was as a prePA, you probably do not have any tios, primos, other relatives, or friends pursuing a career in medicine, no clear guide or person who already navigated this path that can offer you solid advice to help you get accepted into PA school and thrive while in the program. 

If you identify with anything I just mentioned, I highly advise you to check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@themexicanpa/videos

My goal with this channel is to continue to increase the presence of our Hispanic/Latino and other minority students within the PA profession. If you find the content I produce useful feel free to subscribe! If you would like personalized help from me, I am also offering 1-on-1 sessions for a limited time over Zoom at an affordable cost to help fund my licensing fees and pay my bills as I look for my first PA job. You can sign up for a session here: https://calendly.com/themexicanpa

I offer everything from undergraduate prePA timeline planning, to mock interview sessions, to PA personal statement revision/editing services. 

You can also email me directly with any questions at themexicanpa@gmail.com or dm on Instagram or TikTok with the same handle @themexicanpa 

I recommend you start with this video if you've never seen my channel:

Ánimo plebes, !Si Se Puede! 

-The Mexican PA

• Like 2