Morehouse Application Cycle 2023-2024

On 8/12/2023 at 12:25 PM, jcdavis3 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Have you discussed this with peers and reached that consensus or is that strictly anecdotal experience? Not to suggest you're wrong would like to hear more about the issues from a variety of students.

I applied but got in elsewhere and was planning on still doing the interview just in case it sounded better but this definitely turns me off. 

They aren’t lying. If I could do it all over again, I would have gone to a different school. My classmates are cool though.

41 minutes ago, RedBlossom10 said:

What are the pros and cons of the program?

Pros:

- small school/small class size 

- most of your classmates/upperclassmen look out for you and vice versa (we all know we’re fighting for our lives 🥲)

Cons: 

- tuition is expensive because it’s a private school

- financial aid sucks (be prepared for your refund check to come late so plan ahead)

- the faculty gaslights you when you provide constructive feedback and tells you to be fLeXiBlE

- the school as well as the program are very disorganized (literally from A to Z)

- they make it seem like they want to help and are receptive but the same things keep happening year after year 

But I literally agree with everything @tPALove said and a lot of people feel the same way.

Edited by TheArtsyPA
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheArtsyPA said:

Pros:

- most of your classmates/upperclassmen look out for you and vice versa (we all know we’re fighting for our lives 🥲)

Cons: 

- financial aid sucks (be prepared for your refund check to come late so plan ahead)

- the faculty gaslights you when you provide constructive feedback and tells you to be fLeXiBlE

- the school as well as the program are very disorganized (literally from A to Z)

- they make it seem like they want to help and are receptive but the same things keep happening year after year 

But I literally agree with everything @tPALove said and a lot of people feel the same way.

Thank you so much for sharing!!

16 hours ago, TheArtsyPA said:

Pros:

Cons: 

Thanks for sharing!

So, is the prestige of the school enough to pick this program over another program? Im not keen on the city but I was thinking thAt Morehouse has a great alumni network. 

Also about financial aid, did you get the refund check prior to classes starting to pay for other expenses? 

Thanks.

19 hours ago, TheArtsyPA said:

Pros:

Cons: 

Thank you for sharing this! I had previously reached out to someone else who had posted something and they never responded to me so I thought it was really weird. So super grateful, thanks

On 9/6/2023 at 4:59 PM, TheArtsyPA said:

Pros:

Cons: 

Can confirm everything in this message, except, I think all the cohorts so far don’t vibe as well as said. If you’re in a clique, you’re kinda good to go but there’s been bullying low key in my cohort and the one before us so YMMV. Doesn’t matter how many people you have in cohort, it matters how many rude/cliquey people there are through. Ironically our cliques/groups are organized by ethnic groups a bit. Anyways, It appears that they’re aiming for older students now compared to previous cohorts, maybe because of drama or something IDK

If you’re gonna go here better hop on antidepressants cause idk what else to tell y’all other than try not to go here. 

ill see if some other people from the various cohorts can chime in here. Perhaps someone has something good to say

10 hours ago, Latte45 said:

Thanks for sharing!

So, is the prestige of the school enough to pick this program over another program? Im not keen on the city but I was thinking thAt Morehouse has a great alumni network. 

Also about financial aid, did you get the refund check prior to classes starting to pay for other expenses? 

Thanks.

Nope. Maybe 1-2 months after classes started. People were almost on the streets. Our program director was like 🤷🏽‍♀️.

funds still are late EVERY semester 

Current student here! Despite the negative reviews, I love this school. The program does have its flaws (like I’m sure all of them do) but we have program directors and staff members that are really trying to make it better. I’ve had staff members that saw I was struggling and did everything they could to help me grasp the material and encourage me to keep going. Our staff members aren’t perfect, but NO human is!
You have to be commited to your dreams because PA school is challenging REGARDLESS! Wishing you all the best on this new journey, and always remember that God makes no mistakes!

If I could choose Morehouse all over again, I would!😊

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Blessed1000 said:

Current student here! Despite the negative reviews, I love this school. The program does have its flaws (like I’m sure all of them do) but we have program directors and staff members that are really trying to make it better. I’ve had staff members that saw I was struggling and did everything they could to help me grasp the material and encourage me to keep going. Our staff members aren’t perfect, but NO human is!
You have to be commited to your dreams because PA school is challenging REGARDLESS! Wishing you all the best on this new journey, and always remember that God makes no mistakes!

Thank you so much for this insight as well! 

On 9/16/2023 at 11:35 AM, Blessed1000 said:

Dude Please BFFR. Every program “has its flaws” but this place is an entire red flag. Now we have *some* good professors ARE helpful but the program as a whole…. Very much No at THIS point in time.

I’m wondering if this is one of our staff because the “we’re not perfect” is the excuse we’re given for every problem. But that’s not a solution. It’s an excuse. So yes,  No one’s perfect. But there are other places that try harder. That’s what students deserve.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2023 at 8:58 AM, HopeforPA said:

I applied early July but did not receive an interview like others did who applied in that timeframe. Does Morehouse send rejection letters or should I assume I was rejected?

Don't give up hope just yet! They have 2-3 different interview dates ranging from October to December so you still have time.

Hey y’all! I just wanted to come to remind you all to just be yourself during the interview. I felt like the interview was relaxed and very welcoming. I loved the energy of the faculty and the current students. You can tell that they’re really passionate about Morehouse and are just looking for that “perfect match”! 

I really enjoyed getting to know the other candidates as well! If any of you are in here, I hope we cross paths again as classmates. Y’all were amazing!! 💙

Also, for those wondering we were given a 2/3 week turnaround time which should be via a phone call.

Now the wait begins.. Goodluck everyone!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Can you give a rundown of the schedule? I know it said it would be from 8-4:30pm, I’m just wondering what the actual day consists of being that it’s virtual and 8 hours long?

On 10/7/2023 at 6:49 AM, RedBlossom10 said:

Hey y’all! I just wanted to come to remind you all to just be yourself during the interview. I felt like the interview was relaxed and very welcoming. I loved the energy of the faculty and the current students. You can tell that they’re really passionate about Morehouse and are just looking for that “perfect match”! 

I really enjoyed getting to know the other candidates as well! If any of you are in here, I hope we cross paths again as classmates. Y’all were amazing!! 💙

Also, for those wondering we were given a 2/3 week turnaround time which should be via a phone call.

Now the wait begins.. Goodluck everyone!!

I interviewed on the 6th as well and it was an incredibly positive experience. The whole faculty had such great attitudes and it seemed like the program  really stands out from the rest. To reply to the above poster, the day is long but it’s all pertinent information. There are some info sessions, Q&A sessions, opportunities to chat with students, and group activity and two interviews. There’s a 1 hour long lunch break in the middle so you can recharge a bit. They will send you your exact schedule a few days prior to your interview so you can see who will be interviewing you. It was honestly structured very well. 

Edited by HopefulPASomeday
  • Like 1