2023-2024 Application Cycle

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, justgaia said:

They definitely sent out all notices close to Thanksgiving last year because I got rejected. I'm hoping for better luck this year!

Yes okay I was hoping I remembered right. So many things happen within a year i’m sure you definitely have higher chances this year! Who knows when they’ll send out everything I feel like they don’t have a specific time frame 

I interviewed and was put on waiting list last year so i’m feeling the same way— hoping for better luck!

Edited by kpmolls

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, aPA1day said:

I'm not sure if they're going to accept one of my classes or not, but I am really hoping so, this is one of my top choices! 

I wouldn’t do this now since they’re already going through applications BUT for future you can reach out to them and ask! That’s what I did to get confirmation about a class being accepted before I applied, they respond quick! And from what I’ve seen in past forums if the class you have isn’t accepted, you’ll know, you’ll get an email saying your application didn’t meet requirements. 

Just now, kpmolls said:

I wouldn’t do this now since they’re already going through applications BUT for future you can reach out to them and ask! That’s what I did to get confirmation about a class being accepted before I applied, they respond quick! And from what I’ve seen in past forums if the class you have isn’t accepted, you’ll know, you’ll get an email saying your application didn’t meet requirements. 

I actually did back before I applied! I spoke to them over email and the phone about it as well and even they said they weren't sure. The guy I spoke with pretty much said it was up to me to decide if I wanted to apply or not and see lol. 
The issue was with my cellular biology course; RRCC said that this should be an upper level and not an introduction course. My cellular biology course was actually called Introduction to cellular biology but it was an upper level course, haha so I guess it could go either way. This is one of my top choices, so I applied anyway because its more than worth it to me! Fingers crossed! 🙂

2 minutes ago, aPA1day said:

I actually did back before I applied! I spoke to them over email and the phone about it as well and even they said they weren't sure. The guy I spoke with pretty much said it was up to me to decide if I wanted to apply or not and see lol. 
The issue was with my cellular biology course; RRCC said that this should be an upper level and not an introduction course. My cellular biology course was actually called Introduction to cellular biology but it was an upper level course, haha so I guess it could go either way. This is one of my top choices, so I applied anyway because its more than worth it to me! Fingers crossed! 🙂

Oh weird! well if it makes you feel better- my cellular bio class is also called “intro to cellular biology” and it’s a 300 level course and I got an interview last year so I bet yours will be accepted as well!! 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kpmolls said:

Oh weird! well if it makes you feel better- my cellular bio class is also called “intro to cellular biology” and it’s a 300 level course and I got an interview last year so I bet yours will be accepted as well!! 🙂

Wow, that does make me feel a lot better! Thank you so much!! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...