2023 - 2024 Application Cycle

Based on posts here, someone was accepted the week of Sept 26th and more last week. When I interviewed I believe they said they would be sending out acceptance offers every 3 weeks of the interview process and then at the end of all interviews. I want to say they thought final decisions would be available in December? But I am not totally sure so someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

2 hours ago, prepa3345 said:

Based on posts here, someone was accepted the week of Sept 26th and more last week. When I interviewed I believe they said they would be sending out acceptance offers every 3 weeks of the interview process and then at the end of all interviews. I want to say they thought final decisions would be available in December? But I am not totally sure so someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

That's what I thought too, but people seem to be receiving acceptance letters every week. I wonder if they are sending them out 3ish weeks from each interview round...?

On 10/10/2023 at 11:01 AM, DesPA said:

That's what I thought too, but people seem to be receiving acceptance letters every week. I wonder if they are sending them out 3ish weeks from each interview round...?

I interviewed 10/09 and got my acceptance email today 10/13 so im not sure what timeline is. During the interview they did say a small batch 3 weeks from now, a larger batch late november and sending all decisions out by mid december.

Edited by futurepa521
Wrong date

8 hours ago, Lsess24 said:

I applied early June and haven’t heard anything at all. Has anyone in the same boat contacted the school for an update at all? Not sure if I should keep waiting, or call/email them for an update. 

I'm in the same boat, I emailed an update on my PCE hours last week and did not receive a response. I'm not sure if a call would be beneficial or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Submitted my application pretty late in the cycle, August maybe? Interviewed 10/19, and it was a very pleasant, short interview. Still waiting for update but heard it takes at least three weeks. I did get an acceptance at my top choice, but Marquette made a great impression, plus their facilities, resources, and PANCE pass rates are amazing.

On 10/21/2023 at 8:44 PM, Greengirl5523 said:

I'm in the same boat, I emailed an update on my PCE hours last week and did not receive a response. I'm not sure if a call would be beneficial or not.

They do not accept updates for PCE from applicants, they do not consider anything after CASPA submission. They only want updates on prereq courses for admitted students

2 minutes ago, MSW2PAC said:

Anyone else get that email from Marquette addressing their probationary status?! I’m so shocked they got put on probation…

Very shocked! Just had an interview with them and would have never guessed. I'm still a little confused as to why they were put on probation but it definitely makes me a little more nervous about attending a PA school that is on probation. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, pagirl1996 said:

Very shocked! Just had an interview with them and would have never guessed. I'm still a little confused as to why they were put on probation but it definitely makes me a little more nervous about attending a PA school that is on probation. 

Totally agree. Marquette was one of my top choices! I interviewed late September and still waiting to hear back. However, idk if this news changes my perspective:(

3 hours ago, pagirl1996 said:

They were cited for two things. The first is not really an issue for students at all, they basically need to improve the way they assess program outcomes. The second was that they don’t have enough women’s health, behavioral health, and peds specific rotations, as these rotations are kind of lumped into the family medicine rotation. Based on the email, sounds like they have already taken steps to secure better rotations in these areas for students! Especially with how amazing their PANCE scores have been, I doubt this will have much of an effect on students.

• Like 1