Returning to clinical practice after hiatus

This may have been discussed here before, but I wasn't able to find any threads on the topic. I am wondering if there are PAs here who stopped practicing medicine for an extending period (a year or longer) and then later returned to clinical medicine. Did you experience any significant barriers to returning to clinical practice? 

• Administrator
On 5/5/2023 at 4:31 PM, dsta said:

This may have been discussed here before, but I wasn't able to find any threads on the topic. I am wondering if there are PAs here who stopped practicing medicine for an extending period (a year or longer) and then later returned to clinical medicine. Did you experience any significant barriers to returning to clinical practice? 

I'm trying to hire one.  Homeschooling mom, been in family med for 10 years, then out for 10 years being stay at home mom, but keeping up with CME and active license. We're going to plan carefully for reentry, but she has helped with some volunteer community service with me, and I think she's still got what it takes.

• 2 months later...

Any updates on OP’s situation? I am curious as I find myself in a similar circumstance. Long hiatus and want to dig into process on returning to practice.

Rev Ronin: how is reentry to medicine going for your friend whom you are helping? And what state are you in?

Thanks so much!