Rheumatology contract and negotiation

I am a new grad and I received a job offer for an 8-5 pm M-F with paid holidays and weekends off in rheumatology. 

Details: 

1. 90 k starting salary. I asked for 100k so I am trying to negotiate to 95k, at least after training period is over. 

2. They have a 3 month training period. I talked and shadowed the PA there, she said that they give adequate training and there are always physicians onsite for help. 

3. Medical/dental benefits dont kick in until first month after 30 day training period 

4. eligible for 401k 4% match 6 weeks into employment. 

5.  My least favorite part: No vacation or sick days until 6 MONTHS of employment, and then only 2 vacation days and 2 sick days after 6 months and before 1 year of employment. Afterwards, it is 10 days vacation leave and 6 days sick leave. I will be going on my honeymoon for two weeks in September, so I would take a 3k financial hit with no PTO.  

6. 5 days allotted for CME and 2k allowance 

7. 6 month notice requirement 

What do you guys think? 

33 minutes ago, eluch15 said:

I am a new grad and I received a job offer for an 8-5 pm M-F with paid holidays and weekends off in rheumatology. 

Details: 

1. 90 k starting salary. I asked for 100k so I am trying to negotiate to 95k, at least after training period is over. 

2. They have a 3 month training period. I talked and shadowed the PA there, she said that they give adequate training and there are always physicians onsite for help. 

3. Medical/dental benefits dont kick in until first month after 30 day training period 

4. eligible for 401k 4% match 6 weeks into employment. 

5.  My least favorite part: No vacation or sick days until 6 MONTHS of employment, and then only 2 vacation days and 2 sick days after 6 months and before 1 year of employment. Afterwards, it is 10 days vacation leave and 6 days sick leave. I will be going on my honeymoon for two weeks in September, so I would take a 3k financial hit with no PTO.  

6. 5 days allotted for CME and 2k allowance 

7. 6 month notice requirement 

What do you guys think? 

Update: 

I called HR about the PTO and she said that they will actually be changing the PTO to 5 days off vacation and 2 sick days off after the 3 month training period which is better

I take a job in Rheumatology in a heart beat.   I tried so hard when I was practicing but no luck.  Once you start working and show your worth you can ask for more days off.   No weekends is fantastic.  You could always find a side job somewhere.   Congratulations!

This offer is borderline abusive. You receive 4 total days off in the first year at a job that will pay you far below the average salary for a new grad. No thanks. Even the update provided is not adequate time off. What if you get COVID and are required to quarantine for 5 days? 

You are a new graduate jumping into a specialty. You will need time to rest, read up, study, and learn your craft. CME Is good, but I don't think overall this offer is conducive to your personal wellness as a provider.

If you are serious about moving forward, you should clarify that the training period is full salary and not an hourly rate lower than what you will ultimately make.

You're better than this and there are better offers out there that will value you as a provider more. 

2 hours ago, trazodone said:

This offer is borderline abusive. You receive 4 total days off in the first year at a job that will pay you far below the average salary for a new grad. No thanks. Even the update provided is not adequate time off. What if you get COVID and are required to quarantine for 5 days? 

You are a new graduate jumping into a specialty. You will need time to rest, read up, study, and learn your craft. CME Is good, but I don't think overall this offer is conducive to your personal wellness as a provider.

If you are serious about moving forward, you should clarify that the training period is full salary and not an hourly rate lower than what you will ultimately make.

You're better than this and there are better offers out there that will value you as a provider more. 

Unfortunately finding a job as a new grad in my area is tougher than I thought and everyone is seeming to lowball me. I think it’s because eastern Pennsylvania is just so saturated with PAs, they lowball. This isn’t even the lowest offer I’ve gotten sadly.. 

so the schedule is actually every other week you work 4days which is better. After one year, the PA currently working there said she gets 21 days off prorated into the schedule. She also said after first year they increased her salary by 12k 

they give you 3 months of training. I will ask to make sure they will give me my FULL salary. I also negotiated for 95k. I checked the AAPA salary report for rheumatology and seems like the 50th percentile is 100k if I remember correctly. I’m still actively searching for better jobs (no luck). Unless I go into surgery, seems like 90-100k is the typical sadly. 

I got a job offer for hospitalist medicine for 115k, but calculated the hours I’d have to work, and I’d be working about 300 hours MORE with NO PTO so it ends up being about the same money per hour. 

truly is difficult time finding a decent gig right now! Not sure if it’s just me