inexpensive personal u/s

I have around $1000 in unused cme I need to spend soon. Our organization allows us to use it for anything even remotely related to our practice. one guy got a new office chair for his back pain, etc.

There are a few tablet compatible u/s probes out there new and reconditioned. Anyone have a preference? I am not looking to spend 3-5k for a sonosite, butterfly, or V-scan unless I can find a cheap used one. 

this is the leading contender at the moment:

SonoQue L3

carejoy around $1200

https://www.sanus-med.com/ultrasound/handheld-ultrasound/

the sonosite iLook 25 looks nice too. used around $1000

I don't need color. I basically want one to practice IV placement, fast, rush, blue, and cardiac exams. 

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the wireless sonoque convex C3 model today, which is compatible with an 8th gen Ipad. I am hoping that having my own u/s will help me increase my skill level with the modality. I work at 3 places and each has a different machine, so my plan is to learn mine really well and use it at all sites.. updates to follow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EMEDPA said:

I bought the wireless sonoque convex C3 model today, which is compatible with an 8th gen Ipad. I am hoping that having my own u/s will help me increase my skill level with the modality. I work at 3 places and each has a different machine, so my plan is to learn mine really well and use it at all sites.. updates to follow.

Great idea. I'm assuming you can still change the depth and all that using the program on your iPad. Definitely get a case for your iPad that props up for better visualization during U/S.

Do you plan to use for sterile procedures like art and central lines, and will the usual probe sleeves be compatible or can you use something else? 

41 minutes ago, SedRate said:

Great idea. I'm assuming you can still change the depth and all that using the program on your iPad. Definitely get a case for your iPad that props up for better visualization during U/S.

Do you plan to use for sterile procedures like art and central lines, and will the usual probe sleeves be compatible or can you use something else? 

Yes, I have taken a few training courses using the sonoque at this place: https://www.resuscitationgroup.com/

. The only downside is they heat up after a while and need to be allowed to rest when they power down. For a single individual it is a nice option. For a busy dept and multiple providers, not so much. I did get a case and screen protector. I can use everything from the regular ED u/s probes on the sonoque. It is black and white only, but the images are pretty good. scroll down this link to see a real time example:

https://www.sonoque.com/s/c3-portable-ultrasound-machine/