2023-2024 Rush Application Cycle

1 hour ago, longhorncutie2022 said:

Did anyone else’s rejection email say “although you meet the admission the programs admission standards” They also told me to work on my education and PCE I have a masters degree……

Mine did. Applied late May, rejected in August. At the time I thought it was due to outstanding pre-reqs, but reading the forum now makes me think it was a lack of recent volunteer/leadership hours (~360 and ~1500 respectively, with the leadership role being outside of healthcare). I know Rush places a pretty high value on community orientation and leadership!

21 hours ago, PrePALa123456 said:

Congrats!! What are you stats if you don’t mind sharing? 

did not take GRE, applied 5/17

cGPA: 3.76

sGPA: 3.65

casper: 3rd quartile

shadowing: 53 (primary, cardiac surgery/CCU, oncology, ortho, neuro ICU)

extracurricular: 408

leadership: 3,015 (Resident Assistant in college)

PCE: 2,956 and counting (EMT and ER Tech)

teaching: 276 and counting (precepting at work)

volunteer: 157 

research: 444

deans list 7x

EMT + BLS certifications

• Like 1

Submitted on 5/15 and have been waiting for months to hear and probably should have sent an update earlier but didn't. Reached out to them finally last week and they just got back to me that they haven't even reviewed my application yet because they've been waiting on the transcripts for courses that are not prerequisites that are listed under my future/planned courses for late this fall and next spring....courses that are NOT part of their admissions requirements. ???? I emailed back to clarify this and was told "Oh, thanks for clarifying, our admissions committee will review your application right away". So if you're still waiting to hear and have classes that are pending (whether or not they're prerequisites honestly), maybe reach out. This is very disappointing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, futureobgynpa said:

Submitted on 5/15 and have been waiting for months to hear and probably should have sent an update earlier but didn't. Reached out to them finally last week and they just got back to me that they haven't even reviewed my application yet because they've been waiting on the transcripts for courses that are not prerequisites that are listed under my future/planned courses for late this fall and next spring....courses that are NOT part of their admissions requirements. ???? I emailed back to clarify this and was told "Oh, thanks for clarifying, our admissions committee will review your application right away". So if you're still waiting to hear and have classes that are pending (whether or not they're prerequisites honestly), maybe reach out. This is very disappointing.

Oh no !!! Thanks for letting us know. I was wondering if you also received the welcome letter in may ?

2 hours ago, futureobgynpa said:

That makes me so nervous!!!! I had one pending course at the time of submitting and I submitted around the same time as you… I did receive a welcome letter though? Torn on whether I should reach out😭

7 minutes ago, MSW2PAC said:

That makes me so nervous!!!! I had one pending course at the time of submitting and I submitted around the same time as you… I did receive a welcome letter though? Torn on whether I should reach out😭

Yes I did get the welcome letter, 2 days after submitting! Although I actually forgot to re-read it before reaching out so I notice now that it says they request not to reach out about application status, but with this information I wouldn't be opposed to reaching out now! I'm not sure where the break-down was, but I did send a follow-up email making sure this was followed up on because I'm really hoping it didn't happen to anyone else.

On 9/14/2023 at 12:18 PM, futurepa8888 said:

Hi everyone! First time applicant, submitted CASPA on 5/29 and welcome letter received from RUSH on 5/30. Radio silence over here too. Anyone know how updating PCE works? This is my first go round, do I do it on CASPA, with email, or does RUSH not care lol. TIA!!

I updated my hours in CASPA today and emailed updates to all my schools and just got a rejection letter. Good luck to everyone else this cycle!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I had my interview on 09/13 and they told me that I would hear back in 2 weeks but I still haven’t heard back. I emailed them and called them many times but no one is getting back to me. Did this happen to anyone else also ? Does anyone have a different contact information that I can use to get in touch with them, other then what it says on their website ? 

Edited by Aj01234

On 10/10/2023 at 11:48 AM, MSW2PAC said:

I’m beginning to think they forgot about me😂 submitted end of May and have heard nothing. I even sent updates that I finished in-progress courses and provided PCE updates maybe 3 weeks ago and still nada. Kind of frustrating at this point…

Same! I submitted end of May as well and I updated my PCE but nothing!!! ugh the waiting is killing me

• 2 weeks later...