2012/2013 interviews!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@shaw.514: The interview session on November 17th was great! Expect to be there the full duration in the letter that is sent to you. It is exactly as they said it would be with two interview sessions and a meeting with the director.

@youtz282: Yes, I heard back through mail (whatever address you posted in CASPA), and email. I'm not sure why this is....but I felt more satisfied with the letter in my hand.

Best of luck to those with interviews in January!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This post is way late but thought I would put in my experience without giving out spoiler information. First you are going to get an introduction to the school, some stats and the whole process of being accepted. After that, for about 4 hours, you'll wait for your turn to go into two different group interviews. If you are lucky you will only be there for 2 hours with interviews back to back. Around the waiting area will be current student to answer any questions and they were pretty friendly and keep you company. In the interview there are 5 people that ask you questions with one person going first and it rotates with every question. It was nerve racking for me but also was my first interview for something this important. Practice your traditional questions with friends/family/coworkers/random people/whoever, in the interview if they ask you a tough question and you're the first person, take your time to answer but not more than 20 seconds I would say, and this might help:

Some interviewers are friendly and some, well, not very charismatic.

Also their wait list is not really a wait list from what I understand, they just throw everyone on there. Basically if you are wait listed its a rejection letter.

This post is way late but thought I would put in my experience without giving out spoiler information. First you are going to get an introduction to the school, some stats and the whole process of being accepted. After that, for about 4 hours, you'll wait for your turn to go into two different group interviews. If you are lucky you will only be there for 2 hours with interviews back to back. Around the waiting area will be current student to answer any questions and they were pretty friendly and keep you company. In the interview there are 5 people that ask you questions with one person going first and it rotates with every question. It was nerve racking for me but also was my first interview for something this important. Practice your traditional questions with friends/family/coworkers/random people/whoever, in the interview if they ask you a tough question and you're the first person, take your time to answer but not more than 20 seconds I would say, and this might help:

Also their wait list is not really a wait list from what I understand, they just throw everyone on there. Basically if you are wait listed its a rejection letter.

I described it in my book, but my best friend in class had been wait-listed at Marietta and then got in the day before school started! He drove from Colorado and showed up halfway through the first day of orientation.

In other words, it ain't over until it's over! Good luck!

Archived