Interview next week...Need help!!

Hello everyone,

I've so far received a ton of help from this website in preparing for CASPA applications, and out of the 5 schools I applied to in California I ended up scoring an interview at UC Davis! I never even thought that would be possible, mostly because of my stats...

Undergraduate University: Fresno State University

Overall GPA: 3.55

Science GPA: 3.2

Clinical Experience: ~3500 hours CT Technologist/Radiologic Technologist

Honestly I think I ended up getting the interview because of my letters of rec, because it sure as heck wasn't because of my GPA/Science GPA :saddd:

So now my question is this...how can I go into this interview and literally blow them away? Other PA's I know say "Don't worry about the GPA now, you got the interview, the slate is wiped clean. Just be yourself and sell yourself", but I can't just get the notion that my resume is nowhere near as strong as others.

Any advice from others that have been in my position or are currently in my position??? So nervous :xD:

I just went through this same thing. It really is just about being yourself and showing your passion for the program. The whole time all I could think about was how I wasn't standing out from the other interviewees enough, but we're all our worst critics - the program called me three hours after the interview to offer me a spot.

Good luck! A little nervousness is okay, but you already got the interview, and that really is the hardest part. Congrats!

First of all, congrats! Don't be so hard on yourself, they really liked something in you if they offered you an interview! Show your personality and relax! How have your grades gone in terms of semester to semester? Have they been steadily improving? Schools understand that some people just have difficulty adjusting to college. Not sure if that is the case with you though. Also try to emphasize your experiences! Good luck!

Thanks for the support guys! Actually my grades were pretty steady through my last two years in college. Up until then they were great, however the last two years I was holding down a full-time job and my college was experiencing staff shortages which led to instructors teaching classes that they weren't exactly proficient in so it was kind of a bad draw for me.

I keep reading however that wearing a black suit is a no-no, and that I should go for grey or navy blue...does anyone have any input on this?

Not that I advocate the use of pharmaceuticals for off label uses but rumor has it 10 mg propranolol PO 1 hr before the interview can really help keep the nerves at bay. It is used to help with stage fright as well in performers and speakers.

That being said.. I found the interview day was pretty relaxed. Sure, everyone is nervous but going in with a good attitude and a healthy dose of respect (not fear)for everyone will get you a llloonnnggg ways.

Archived