worried...

Hey I just received my first rejection letter from Arcadia and the nerves are at an all time high. My main flaw is my overall GPA which stands at 3.1. This is mainly due to my undergrad degree in finance where i got a 2.9, however I completed a pre-medical post bacc with a 3.5 and my overall science gpa is also a 3.5. I had over 1000 hrs as an EMT in boston at the time of submitting my CASPA app and will have ~2000 by the end of the year. I scored in the 83% and 73% for quantitative and verbal on the GRE and I spet 25 hrs shadowing a surgical PA. Thoughts on my chances? How much will that overall gap hurt me?

Depends on where you apply, really. I hope you applied to schools you've researched, where you felt your applicant profile would be a good fit and give you a reasonable shot at an interview. I will say that I'm quite sure there are applicants who've gotten into schools with those numbers. Some places will weigh the last 60 credit hours (or whatever) more heavily. There are other factors involved though, like your essay and letters of rec.

Archived