Opportunity for PAs to provide medical care for civilians with an NGO in Ukraine

Hi everyone! Right out of the gate I want to make it clear that I AM fundraising for my trip (medical supplies, translators etc... I am covering my own personal costs) in this post and will put the link at the bottom. That said I know that international opportunities are rare for PAs given our lack of official standing in most countries and figured people would be interested in volunteering.

GCF (Global Care Force) Is currently running a rotating mobile care group for civilians in Ukraine who have had minimal to no medical care due to the strain the war has placed on their medical system. The care they provide is completely free (including medication) and has a system in place for future teams and in-country staff to provide follow up care as teams rotate in and out of the country. This allows for these people to get some real chronic medical condition care, not just urgent care.  You will not be near the front lines, but there is always some risk in being a country at war.

GCF is taking applications for volunteers if you are interested. Rotations are about 3 weeks long and they do ask that you cover your own travel to poland/personal expenses as well as raise money to cover medications, in country logistics, staff, interpreters.

If you are interested in volunteering: https://globalcareforce.org/volunteer-opportunities/

If you would like to support GCF's mission or my trip, please consider donating or sharing this link if you can't. Even small donations help! https://globalcareforce.managedmissions.com/MyTrip/nicholasbaker?fbclid=IwAR0tOADWu8DNh9zozysy634Ez5C-yf-6URVlqBayTtcu46pJBjN0lf9g1NY

GCF in the news (interview with a PA who has gone with GCF): https://www.denverpost.com/2022/11/18/denver-physicians-assistant-ukraine-global-care-force/

If you have any questions let me know I can try to answer them!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

FYI, The Fellowship of Christian PAs has $500 foreign missions grants that would help cover part of this, even though this is nominally secular care.  Catch is, a practicing PA has to have been an FCPA member for a year to be eligible, but student members are eligible immediately...