AM I BEING LOW BALLED WITH THIS OFFER?

Hello,

I am a recent grad and was offered a job in family medicine in South Florida with the following benefits:

• Salary: 90-95K
  • Seeing 2 patients an hour for the first month then seeing 3 pts/ hour with written incentives to increase the salary depending on production and job review (at my choosing ). The incentives will start when I am able to see 4 pts/hr.
  • One full week of CME, 2 weeks of paid vacation, malpractice, health insurance, 401k and matching funds
  • Reimbursement for medical license, DEA, AAPA and state membership, epocrates, uptodate, and scrubs
  • The contract will be for 2 years, if I want it for lower than that then they will offer me a lower salary. 

Can someone please let me know if this is a good offer?

Thank you!!

I recall seeing salaries in the 70k's a couple years ago in S. Florida so that may be an ok rate for that area...I mean I'd personally move before I took that in a high cost of living area but aware that not everyone has the same freedom. 

I don't know anybody working in FP/IM seeing 32 patients a day. Hell 24 would probably be pushing it, but I could be out of touch.  Imagine that would take a lot of pre-charting/rounding and not allow any time for documentation.  Plus logistically it would be challenging as patients will show up late/no-show, do you have a dedicated MA and RN support or are you pulling all of your own meds/starting own lines/doing draws etc as needed?

Rest of the stuff looks good!

• Upvote 1