Saving a seat while waiting for other programs

I’m repeatedly refreshing my email, and I’m pretty sure the little gremlins that live in my inbox are laughing at me. 
I was accepted to my second choice program, and after facing 3 rejections, I’m over the moon about it. 
My top choice school still hasn’t gotten back to me, and my deposit for my acceptance is due in a few weeks. 
I’m absolutely going to pay it and I’m so so so grateful for receiving an acceptance during my first cycle, it just makes me so anxious to wait on my top choice.

Here’s my reasons incase anyone feels like being anxious with me lmao: 

school 1: (top choice) 

- closest to home

- familiar with school/program

- love the facilities/good reputation 

- summer 2023 start

school 2: (second choice, accepted) 

- a bit further from home, still drivable but afraid clinical rotations will be a haul 

- unfamiliar with the school 

- 50/50 response on reputation: some have praised it, others have hated it

- Jan. 2024 start 

First off congrats! Either way you will be a PA, woohoo! 

Secondly, I totally understand your stress about this. I would wait until the last possible second to submit that deposit without risking anything. I knew another PA student who was in this situation and it definitely sucked for her to have to spend that money but she did pay for 2 spots and forfeited one. 

I hope you hear from you're top choice soon! 

I recently got accepted to my third choice program (January 2023 start, deposit due 12/19/22 )while I was awaiting for interviews at my first and second choice programs that start in May and September. The afternoon after I got accepted I called the program that I knew did virtual interviews and asked for a sooner interview and I let the admissions officer know that I had an acceptance that I couldn't pass up on, but I wanted to go to their program because it was my dream school ( do not say this if it isn't true ). I had an interview on 12/14 and got an acceptance from that program on 12/16 because they knew I needed an answer before my deposit was due. They were very wonderful to work with, and honestly the admissions officer told me my plea to want to be there even with an acceptance somewhere else made her want me to be in that program.

Our situations aren't exactly identical, but I think being forthcoming with an admissions officer for a program could help you get an answer

The size of your wallet and the size of the deposit are clearly important here but, in the longer perspective, paying a deposit to hold a seat can definitely be worth it.

The first school that accepted me had rolling admissions and, over time, I had to pay two deposits there to hold my seat there. Ultimately I went somewhere else that -- among other advantages -- let me move home after the didactic year, saving me much more money than holding that early seat cost. Plus I knew I was going somewhere which let me plan my life.