freaking out...

i'm sorry for the regurgitation of the same topic. i've read all the "i just took the pance" posts, and i wanted to express how much i appreciate everyone who has posted their experience and advice. i studied for 11 straight days hardcore, did the aapa pre and post( avg 75-83%), kaplan qbank (avg 60%) , nccpa practice tests (overall was in the middle of the green x all 3 exams, 2 pance and one panre), and lange (avg 65-80). I probably did over 10,000 practice questions and then studied why the answers were right and wrong. i kept notes and reviewed them on the last day. then i went to the pance and was numb and felt like half the exam was unlike anything i had practiced for....... i am a nervous wreck. again, i know what advice people have has probably already been said, but has anyone else taken the exam recently? i've read some recent posts where people stated the pance "hardness" level was around lange level, and kaplan qbank was harder than the pance... which was definitely not my case. did i just get a hard version? and of course i took the exam on a thursday.. nervous wreck......... help....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should try to distract yourself, say a good prayer, go out, watch a movie, take a vacation. Thats what I plan to do. Nothing you do between now and the day you get your results will change what you already did on the day of the test. So stressing out is not going to benefit you in any way.You really did 1000q's per day? You seem to have prepared well so I'm sure you did fine. GOOD LUCK!!!

everyone thinks they failed. i dont kno anyone that left the exam thinking "wow, that went well!" . if i can remember correctly the passing score is like 360-400 out of 800, so the bar is pretty low. dont know what else to tell you other than relax, theres nothing u can possibly do about your score at this point. 10,000 practice questions is insane, i did 2 practice packrats and did fine. it sounds like u were well prepared :)

hi, thanks so much for the kind words. yes, i did a ton of questions and read and had good practice exam scores blah blah, and still was blown away. i am distracting myself by keeping super busy doing anything. :) and Jen0508, awesomeness. i woke up this am and realized i had been dreaming about another question i just remembered. LOL. The wait will end at some point. Thanks again everyone.

Well for whatever it may be worth, I am in the same boat. I did several PackRat's, Appleton & Lang question book, UMDNJ webcast and the PanceMaster site software just to name a few. Initially I pushed my test date back a few weeks in an effort to prep a bit more. At one point I had not physically left my house in over 3 weeks as I studied. The PanceMaster software indicated that I no longer had any "weak" areas so I took the exam feeling that I had to be at least somewhat ready. By no means did I do 10K in questions, but ~3 or 4k would be a realistic number over the course of about a month and a half.

The exam kicked me in the teeth. The exam was nothing like any of the exams I had practiced. Like so many on this board before us, we now have the pleasure 4 more days of torture and second guessing.

N701DS: i am so comforted by your words. i also spoke to a girl in my class who always got A's on exams and she felt the exact same way as I did about last week's exam. Comforting to know I am not alone. I wonder if that's just how the Pance rolls....to be unexpected? christopherjmu, i am also checking the website neurotically, and did it over the weekend too when i knew for a fact they obviously wouldn't be posting on Sat & Sun. And I know realistically the scores prob won't be released til Thurs or Fri. When did you take the exam? I've also been using those research papers regarding the packrat scores, pre-PA school GPA, GREs to calculate all the probabilities I passed and the possible PANCE score just from my packrat score clinical year. Lol. Hope for good news everyone. :)

Archived